Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR and away I go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the clips are out. You're on your way now!
 
I've made a note for the moderators to update this for you.
 
@oldrugbyprop, glad to read that you are coming along so well! Must feel great to get those staples out! My incisions were glued and I often wondered if I could have dealt with staples. They look so painful, but I'm sure they're not. It's wonderful to read that after only two weeks you have no regrets and would do it again. I said the same thing....I hope others contemplating this surgery read your story and see that not everyone has lots of problems. Sadly, some do, but it's encouraging to see that it's not the case with everyone. Continued success to you! Just don't overdo, and be prepared to have a minor setback here and there along the recovery road.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
When you say "I would do it again in a heartbeat" you have truly turned the corner....best wishes to you..no rugby though....but just about anything else is possible......new lease on life...

Vinny
 
Rugby never really leaves some people tho.found my old ball the other day went in.garden.throwing.it up in air. Got the look of disdain from wiffffffffffffffff

Legin THR Sep 14
 
My last round of golf the day before my surgery was with Andy Haden from the All Blacks....made me glad I never played rugby..looked like he could still play! Going out to play now with a bunch of knee and hip replacement old timers...my inspiration
 
I bet played against a few. Andy Ripley even helped me up after running thru me was.only 18 tho. Yup great to see human.spirit in action

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You are better than me if you can play golf after a month and a half. I found that golf torqued my knee more than anything else. Probably bad technique.
 
Safest place to.stand as I tee up is in.front of me. Its only place the ball wont go

Legin THR Sep 14
 
LOL about the same for me playing golf in front of me is safest. Every summer a group of us old tired rugby players go play whack a ball around the golf course for a weekend. Thankfully we all learned to keep hydrated plying rugby so it makes golf tolerable fun.
 
I played soccer in college---played rugby once==I was afraid I would end up a a parapalegic!!
 
Soccer is a great sport too. Lots of running. That's the thing which I will miss with the new knees. Bicycling, hiking and swimming will have to do. Honestly I am glad I'll be able to get active again. As for Rugby maybe coach a bit but definitely go watch my old team walking up and down the sidelines with a cold beer in my hand will be awesome.
 
I played 4 weeks after the surgery with Doctors permission and played great probably because I was a little timid and did not over swing....I just turned my front foot a little towards the target so I eliminated a lot of the torque...my surgery went so well I keep pinching myself...very lucky in love and in knees
 
Hey rugby is nought to hockey that is lethal. At school rugby team.was challenged by girls to.hockey. I had a stick around my neck. Lady pe teacher ref didn't see it allegedly. I just want to get back in the hills I miss the exertions and.the majestiic views.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Congratulations! You are brave to do both! I did both with one year in between. Wish I had done both at same time but I wasn't brave enough.

I wish you the best.

Betty


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@oldrugbyprop , Harry, what a great thread to read~!!!!!! You took so much off my mind ( as with, the rest of the great people on the *knee's* forum ) - with my BTKR this Friday, I can not tell you much I enjoyed reading your results, I just had to go to the OS's to get my Oxy filled to get me by for today, and tomorrow - as I was in hell with all the stuff I am trying to accomplish here before surgery, he was so nice to write the script to help me out, we ordered a new bed for our upstairs spare bedroom , just incase we need someone top stay over to help, or give my wife the opportunity to goto the city for work..So, I need to make room and put together the frame, and carry a ton of stuff two flights to the basement for now.

But, reallly awesome news, and really made me smile~~!!!

respect,

-chros
 
And on the 19th day he Learned a valuable lesson.

So everything has been going really well. lots of improvement in mobility. Not sure were my rom is but its coming. I ran out of my slow dose meds Wednesday morning. So this gave me the idea why not come off the short duration as well. I can now without a doubt tell the difference.

First the pros: no foggy head, Eyes look normal, no bathroom problems.

The Cons: Couldn't sleep, not as willing to stretch the rom, pain level increased.

The other thing I deluded myself into was overdoing things. Went up our stairs for the first tome new years eve. we have 15 steps. No problems one step at a time like a normal person then came back down. Next day, swollen knees and pain. Went out for breakfast this morning with friends felt crappy after a half hour there. So doing these things with no pain meds is causing me to hesitate to do what I need to do in order to get better.

So I came home counted the fast acting pills figured out a reduced dosage that will last two more weeks which should put me were I need to be to come off them at the right time. So my lesson is learned. There are a lot of very sharp helpful people who have invested their time and concern to help their fellow human beings recover. So if one of the mantras is take your meds you should do it. That's what I'll be doing till I can get over the pain hump. I guess two weeks was a little premature. My bad.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom