Guest viewing is limited

Anaesthesia-help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tabbycat glad you were happy with your pre-op it makes it seem all the more real xx

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Tabbycat I'm glad so many of your worries have been put to rest today, and hope your anxiety level has dropped right down. Also good that you'll be able to speak to the anaesthetist before the day of your op. Hopefully nothing else will pop up to worry you.
The past couple of weeks have flown by. I have a feeling the two weeks after our surgery are going to drag -especially the nights, but as those who have already been through this surgery keep telling us, it will be so worth it! Thank you for your kind words. Karen
 
I will say this---in looking back on the day of my surgery, the folks in the pre-op area were very professional, very comforting, and their demeanor indicated that they were there to take care of me. Yes, it is a surgical procedure, but they understood the possible anxieties, anticipated them, and helped to assuage any fears or concerns that I had. I really cannot put a finger specifically on it, but I really felt at ease with the surgical team around me.
 
Talk about an answer to prayer :praying: !
The hospital patient liaison nurse just phoned to see if I have any concerns pre-op, she has been nursing there for years, but has recently started doing this of her own volition for the benefit of patients. She has reassured me about the anaesthetic, and has even promised to come in to the anaesthetic room with me and say positive statements (affirmations) while I go under. She said I have the best anaesthetist in the business, and she is under the same surgeon for her own knees, and she probably has the pick of them. I feel so reassured, I pray for the same reassurance for everyone going through this experience :yes:
 
I expect you are releaved about that

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom