TKR Am I EVER going to be happy I made this decision...frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Rydeb, welcome to BoneSmart.

I still have pain, clicking, instability, and use a cane off and on.
Can you tell us (a) when you get these symptoms and (b) what are you doing to help your knee recovery - exercises and so on?

My knee still clicks from time to time. Every now and then I get a pain. My right knee 'crunches' due to 'fibrosynovial thickening', which is 'gristle on the kneecap' to you and me. But it's still a grazillion times better than before, just not perfect.

Maybe you can help yours along with some action, like icing or stretching? Just let us know -- you'll get some valuable advice as well as useless smartarse remarks from the likes of, erm, well, me anyway.
 
Welcome to the forum! you have been given great advice---and I also understand and appreciate your frustration---I had a BTKR o little over five years ago, and I was equally frustrated at what I thought to be a lack of progress. It took me five months to lose a limp---and it was not until eight months or so that I began to feel fairly close to normal.

Please remember what others have said---that we all heal in our own time, and that you will indeed reach your destination of complete healing and recovery. Those stores of folks healing rapidly and seemingly being able to play tennis or squash in three weeks are simply that---justg stores.

Please keep coming back and visiting with us---post your questions, your concerns, your rants---we will help you through this; remember,though,that you are normal and what you are going through is also , as they say, "par for the course."


Hang in there---and please let us help you through these issues!
 
Hi everyone. I have had two knees done, first one 8 months second knee four months. I still have tight band feeling but getting better. Also short stabbing pains and some tightness in the muscles in the calves. I believe time will heal all of this.... Don't get discouraged we all will heal it is just sooooooo sloooooow for some of us but each day brings better walking in the end. Doing so much more then before surgery. Wonderful to be able to walk at all..... Couldn't for so long..... Thanks and good luck....
 
Hi Tight knees ~ I'm at 9 months and am having the SAME EXACT sensations that you are describing. I also feel the way you do about the recovery process.... Sloooooooow. Turtle :whistle: sloooooooow. But yes, WAY BETTER than the pain before the surgery! I'm having my right knee done in about 3 weeks and am looking forward to being able to walk free of pain again - eventually. Take care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom