Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost ready

@Sara61 Tuesday 12/7 is a wonderful day to have surgery! 10yrs ago that day I got new hips. I pray for you to have as successful surgery and smooth, uncomplicated recuperation as I had!! You won't be alone as we are all pulling for you.
 
@djklaugh - Thank you, God willing all will be OK, I'm just having the usual jitters but am sure on Tuesday I'll be fine, it's just pre-surgery nerves :shocked:
 
@Sara61 i am so sorry that your husband can’t be with you when you need him. Will be praying for a good outcome and an uncomplicated and good recovery!
 
@Sara61 Mini vacay with fam was good. Mountain house had spectacular views! And 2 nights in a row we got to see the SpaceX’s Starlink satellites in the night sky! It was super cool!!!! Thoughts of my upcoming surgery were never far from my mind though.
 
Just checking in to see how you are doing? @Mrty2019 - my op date getting real close so feeling quite apprehensive, I'm all sorted tests wise now only thing left to do is pack a wee bag and fast from midnight tomorrow- to be honest, I will be thankful when I wake up in recovery, but reading your posts are a great inspiration and so I am repeating to myself I can do this ...

I find shaving my other knee a weird experience as parts of it is still numb, and I cannot feel the razor, great thou that you are well enough to think about it, just go gently x
Tomorrow I will carefully shave both legs (out of vanity ) as I know it will be a while before I'm brave enough, thank god its winter and they won't be on display too often :heehee: xxx
I was specifically told by my consultant on no account was I to shave my legs at least a week prior to surgery as microscopic nicks can be a gateway for infection during surgery and afterwards.
@Sara61 and @Scaredycat10
I moved this discussion to Sara61’s pre op thread, since Mrty2019 was talking about shaving post op.

As we often find in this journey there are many opinions. I was told not to shave 3 days before surgery.
 
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers xx
Instead of having a relaxing lazy day at home today, I have left everything to last minute :gaah: plus side I suppose at least I will be busy and not worrying, I've known for months that tomorrow is the day but yet I leave so much to do prior :rotfl: and am still dithering about what to pack - Roll on Wednesday
 
Best wishes for your surgery today.[oops, tomorrow!]
x
 
Last edited:
@Sara61 Pack very little. In my experience I didn't use even half of what I packed.

All the best tomorrow! You will be in my thoughts!
 
Just popping in to wish you the very best for your surgery tomorrow.
I really think that the anxiety the day before is the very worse part of the whole thing. Once this day is over and you get to the hospital a type of calm takes over, I felt I was in charge again and could cope with it all.
Not having my husband able to visit was no problem for me, as the staff were just wonderful and in and out constantly.
Take care, good luck and see you on the other side.
 
I felt so blessed to have the greatest nurse who truly put my mind at ease before I went in for the surgery and even the anesthesiologist was just so calming. They brought in the nurses that would be with me during surgery also. The surgery truly is the easy part. Most people in this area go home the same day unless there is a complication or have a medical condition that warrants being monitored. I was a little nervous going home same day but it all worked out. I thought they might insist I stay because of my heart condition.
 
Thank you all so much for the reassuring words, finally I've done everything on my tick list and now can relax for the rest of the evening, I'm to be at the hospital at 7am ( European time) so chances are it's a morning surgery.
Feeling relatively calm, will have my last meal at 8pm then after midnight no more water, I'm sure I will be in bed long before then, I'm looking forward to the rest and being looked after for a change :)
Sending healing hugs to you all xxx
 
@Rubyroo - I only have elbow crutches no walker, they are ready by the door, bag packed, all ive left to do is take a shower and wipe down with disinfectant - hopefully a bit of sleep but not sure that will happen x
 
Well all prepped in my sexy blue backless gown :heehee: hairy legs and all, the nurse just told I could have shaved :gaah: funny how countries differ in their protocols...oh well at least they are not too bad and thankfully it's winter x
For those of you embarking on this journey, the worst is over and I know in a few months I will have another pain free knee and hopefully able to do all the things I haven't in such a long time x
See you all in recovery and thanks for putting up with all my endless questions - sending hugs to you all xxx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost ready
    20211207_073155_copy_600x800.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Been thinking about you today @Sara61 ! Hopefully all done and dusted now. Let the healing begin!
 
@Sara61 I love the photo of you and your "hairy legs' in pre op... wishing the very best for you today.
 
Hey Sara,
Thought I’d pop on over to say Hi. Hopefully you’re resting comfortably and they’re managing your pain well. Wishing you lots of comfort.
Let the healing begin! :happydance:
 
Back
Top Bottom