TKR Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<

It's Interesting to hear the difference in treatments in different countries. I really didn't do too much until three weeks. Today my therapists used kinesio tape on my knee. It is supposed to help with nerve sensitivity and swelling. It is in a crisscross pattern and looks like something a punk rocker would have.:yikes:
 
Has anyone had bone pain at the lower right side of the knee? I'm a little concerned because I had a small stress fracture in my ankle a month or so after surgery to repair another fracture. My bones must be made of dust!
It's not sharp pain and it isn't around a tendon or muscle. My therapist wasn't overly concerned but thought it wouldn't hurt to have the OS look at it. Any similar experiences?
 
Let's ask @Josephine to advise you. She'll probably post a diagram in which you can indicate where you feel the pain and she may ask about your activity as well.
Since she lives in the UK, it could be tomorrow before she replies.
 
Thanks Celle, I would really appreciate her input.
 
bone pain at the lower right side of the knee - I'm a little concerned because I had a small stress fracture in my ankle a month or so after surgery to repair another fracture.

Can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<


[Bonesmart.org] Almost at my 3 month Anniversary RTKR<
 
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. You all probably thought I had dropped off the face of the earth. We had a family wedding and it was crazy before we left and crazy when we got back. The pain I have is in RF1-E. It still is there after almost 6 weeks and after all the walking I did while in Florida, it feels worse. The times it bothers me the most is when I lift my leg in a straight lift or sometimes when I am driving. Other than those times it is a dull pain. I'm going back to the OS next week to have him x-ray it. My PT tried some sort of electric patch with an anti-inflammatory medication on it but it didn't really do anything. On a good note, My flex is now 124 degrees and I am still around 1degree from a fully straightened leg.
 
The pain I have is in RF1-E. It still is there after almost 6 weeks and after all the walking I did while in Florida, it feels worse. The times it bothers me the most is when I lift my leg in a straight lift or sometimes when I am driving.
Oh that one's easy to see since I suffer from it myself! It's Shin splints.

You can confirm this yourself by making your hand into a fist and running your knuckles from your knee down the outside of your calf. Also try it on the inner side. If it is anything like shin splints you will know it right away!

So what to do about it: try Acupressure massage. This is painful but just grit your teeth and do it. You will find great relief from it. However, it's not a permanent fix. I find I have to do it every few days to keep things in check. But I also see my chiropractor from time to time and he gives it a really good massage of the same time and it gets it really under control!
 
Thanks Josephine, That was one of the things I was thinking it might be. I have been using muscles I didn't know I had! @Josephine
 
Back
Top Bottom