All I’m doing is working unable to exercise other than walking and when I do I pay for it for days with more pain and swelling.
As I recall it, you're a nurse and probably working 12-hour shifts. That's plenty of exercise and it's put a loot of strain on your TKR, particularly as you went back to work at just 6 weeks post-op.
It may be that has set up a chronic inflammation in your knee.
You also said that you have a non-cemented implant and your surgeon was going to check it at one year post-op.
It's not quite a year yet, but I think it would be a good idea to contact you surgeon and ask about that now.
By the way, you'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.
Please don't keep starting new threads.
This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.
Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. Don't worry that we won't see your question as, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags
If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
Here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts?
Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. Please will you do that?