THR All done and home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone has an answer to a question. When I sit up sometimes I get quite clammy,sweaty and sort of lightheaded. I have been doing a lot more laying down than sitting or walking the last few days, I was wondering why this was happening (clammy,sweaty,lightheaded)? Any suggestions?
 
I can imagine that must have been disconcerting but it might be due to your pain meds.

Tell me what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
 
Josephine , The medication label says= ratio-oxycocet 5mg-325mg oxycodone hcl/acetaminophen.
I take 2 tablets every 4 hrs. I think the effects I'm feeling may be from laying down a lot. I have been sitting and standing in more frequent although short periods of time and seem to be ok now.
Thanks
Allister
 
Great that you worked it out Newf and you are not experiencing it now :)
 
Poppet , Josephine , Thanks for looking out for me. I have followed all of the dr instructions as well as bonesmart advice and can't believe the progress I have made in the last couple of days. There have never been truer words than the rest ,elevate,ice, and take meds regularly because I feel that has truly worked for me. I'm sure there will be ups and downs to all this but when I look at the big picture, it looks awesome. I'm up walking with crutches for short walks outside already just a week out but i am still making sure to elevate and ice right after. I have gotten alot of good info from this site and it has helped me a great deal so far. Went to the hospital yesterday for my first pt and they were quite surprised by my progression, I'm gonna work on increasing my stride length. I am so glad I had the surgery. It's been a blessing.
 
A so pleased for you. We love to hear a happy story with recovery.. Keep on keeping on :)
 
So, I went for my 2 week appt with the OS today and all went well. Got my staples out (incision is great), going to tylenol x-strength and see how it goes and I got the go ahead to drive . Got to go back in 4 weeks. Overall a good day. Each day I feel better and better.
 
Wow - driving already. You are really progressing well!
 
So, I'm at the 2 1/2 week mark and things are going well. I have a PT appt tomorrow and we will see how that goes. I am down to 1 crutch now and walking rather good. I go up my street and down the next then home once a day and it seems to be ok, just a little sore after but I try and not overuse it. Yesterday I vacumed the upstairs and stairwell with no problems, just my wife gave some trouble..lol. I am getting a little anxious with wanting to do more but know it's in my best interest to let it take it's course. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only been 2 1/2 weeks and not 5.
 
Way to go Newf ! Good to see you are doing well. Now take it easy. I know how hard it is when we start to feel better but, be warned our bodies have a way of getting even if we over do it.
Wanda
 
Newf, the first few weeks you really need to be careful. I remember when I thought I was doing good and went to home depot and after walking around there for a few isles I realized I think I had over did it as I got super tired. Think that was in my 2nd week too.
 
Newf - your wife is right! Slow down. You should not be vacuuming so early out. The activity requires twisting and bending. And even if you have no restrictions it is tiring. Spend this time resting and building up your energy. The rest will fall into place.
 
Well, I'm now at the 4 week mark. I have been doing my physio everyday and feel great. I'm am able to do most things without any problems. Today I painted some windows, front door and installed a new kickplate on the door. I also mowed and trimmed the backyard. I am very pleased with the job my OS did. Now down to a couple of X-strength Tylenol a day. I don't really have enough pain to need to take more. I mostly take them in the evening because that is when I have a bit of pain. I guess that is from being on the go during the day. If all goes well next week and I feel even better I am going to go back to work. I'm not gonna push it but so far so good.
 
Awesome, did you have the anterior, lateral, or posterior approach. I had the posterior and I'm still finding my hip flexors are still pretty weak 5 weeks out but they are getting stronger it's just seems to be a slow progression. I think a lot of the problem was due to my ROM prior to surgery.. Wondered if you had any of those problems
 
Newf - sounds like you are doing very well so early out. Please don't push though. Slow and steady works much better.

bsilvers - yes, if you limped around pre-op there will be ROM and weakness that needs to improve. Just keep trying. What seems impossible one day will be easy the next.
 
Hey everyone,

It's been almost 9 weeks now since surgery and all is well. I went back to work operating an excavator at 5 weeks post-op and it's been great. It's gonna be a while before I'm 100% but it feels really great to not have the nagging pain and really limited mobility. I am pretty much back to leading a normal life which is great. I get shin splints every now and again on my operated leg but my OS said it is from walking awkwardly for years and now i'm using certain muscles again that I haven't used in years. Life is good! Anyways, I got to get going and start ripping apart my deck to reduce it's size to get ready to frame up the kids hockey rink for the winter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom