THR Ahipgma recovery

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well as you're healing and gearing up for Lefty.
Wishing you a great week as you continue on the journey. :walking:
@ahipgma
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary! Sounds like you're enjoying the trip so far, I do love New England!
 
Elf1, my birthday buddy I should call you, they turned out some tough women in '56!
I'm vintage '56 too! Knew I felt an instant affinity for both of you ladies. Here's to us toughies. :cheers:

@ahipgma , happy 4th July! Have some lobster and corn on the cob in Boston for me, the far away expat.
 
Your recovery sounds like its going really well! that is so nice for you. Good that you have your next date. So brave to be doing it so soon after but its a good decision. Best of luck!
 
Hi everyone
New England is having a run of beautiful weather. So good to be with family. @Calgal, yes '56 was a very good year for good strong women. You are the kid of the three of us and have yet to have your birthday whereas miss @Elf1 and I are ONE day apart! What are the chances!?
Thanks @lotusbuds and @mikeycat, I'm doing limited stuff at the gym but trying to be in a little bit better shape going for my next one. Mikeycat you are my hero for doing the bilateral. I could not imagine it but there you are moving right along!:walking:
 
Thanks for that but I sure don't feel like anyone's hero let alone myself. Today is a not so good one but of course, there is tomorrow.You sound like you are moving well into tomorrow.
 
:wave: @ahipgma
Hoping all is well with you.
We share hipversary dates though I'm 2 years ahead of you.
Look into my crystal ball...

Awesome!:yahoo:
 
Gosh thanks dear @Mojo333
I just got off the elliptical at the gym.
Every time this new hip comes thru for me and the bad old one hurts, I marvel and thank God for this life changing surgery. I can only imagine you felt this way many many times in the past 2 years.
The future looks rosy in your crystal ball!!!:happydance::egypdance::ok:
 
If you can manage to do some exercise beforehand, @ahipgma, I think you'll find it will pay off. It did for me last time and I'm hopeful that it will be of benefit this time around, too. I love the elliptical! Sure, it was at a very low resistance and speed, but trying to do something every day without hurting myself meant I was so much more able to maneuver post-surgery. I still lumbered, but getting in and out of bed, hoisting myself out of a chair, and even standing up straight to walk were all made easier by some pre-surgery exercise. Hang in there--August is just around the corner!
 
@barbara I wasn't a gym rat or anything but would go faithfully till I could barely do the elliptical and it did help post op.
Goodness, this is your week! Will follow along and keep you in my prayers!
 
@ahipgma :hi: tomorrow is August 1, this is your month! I'm guessing there is a pre op appointment in your near future? How are you feeling?
 
Thanks @CricketHip in honor of your asking I will tell you I am a Carol too!
Just came back from giving bloodwork, MRSA swab, urine sample, no ekg or chest xray required this time as the last time was May 1.
Had a moment of panic last week as the memory of fresh postop still very clear! But I have this feeling of something undone and hanging over my head, and to heal completely that only getting to and past 8/21 will take care of. Really like and respect my surgeon, have good caregivers in my family. Plan to retire from my 40 year nursing career so no worries about going back to work. And wonderful Bonesmart support, especially dear @Mayhip8 , @ChrissyW and @Calgal. So I say bring it on!
 
Good morning, @ahipgma, with the start of August you're on the final runway to your second and FINAL hip surgery! I am sure the final preparations are making it all seem quite real again. I am sure that not having the memories of hip #1 recovery gone will cause some mental twinges from time to time, but you know, brave lady, that you got through it last time and will again, ensuring that 2020, with new hips, lovely retirement in place and supportive family and friends is going to be a GREAT year! Hurray for you, and have a good day.
 
Thank you @Barbaraj , got my clearance today. At this point I consciously begin putting myself in Gods hands and start praying for my surgeon and caregivers.
I worked in a community hospital so do run into my patients from time to time and they thank me for caring for them at a great time of crisis-- and inside I'm realizing that what was a crisis to them was another day on the job done with as much efficiency and kindness as I could.
So I put that thought into my own "crisis" and know that I am in good hands!
Going to keep up with the gym and my healthy diet and enjoying my summer till the day of! Seeing your fast progress is heartening to me!:ok:
 
That's the spirit, @ahipgma! Keeping up your healthy habits, enjoying summer and being accepting of what's to come will help to insure a great outcome. Sounds like you've really got this!
 
Love you're way of thinking @ahipgma
I believe God is in control of all, myself. I also believe trusting and having faith in Him is putting yourself in the best hands. Only three weeks until double hippie status. I'll bet you do great having already been down this road.
Wishing you comfort as you wait!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom