Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR Agilitymom's revision recovery<<

Hello agilitymom,
So sorry you are going through this after three revisions. That's an incredibly tough journey. I hope you're able to get some relief and clarity soon. Wishing you comfort, healing and answers ahead. Hugs! :console2:
@agilitymom
 
Have you had an allergy test? Some people can't use a normal implant and have to use the ceramic ones. That might explain your problems.
 
@agilitymom
Arthrofibrosis usually develops early, you may have developed arthrofibrosis earlier, and it went undetected.
Your surgeon will need to do a differential diagnosis to determine what is happening with your knee. Taking a sample of your joint fluid is a good start. You should have a thorough physical exam of your knee, knee cap, soft tissue, ligaments, and possibly further imaging.
 
@sistersinhim i had allergy testing done 2 years ago and nothing.
@Pumpkin i am starting this all over again. Bummer. Getting kind of tired of it but continue to search for an answer. Thank you both.
 
Did you have the blood test for allergies? The skin test doesn't show much and we recommend the blood test.

For anyone who would like to get a full metal allergy test prior to any joint replacement surgery, you can get the test done in the USA by ordering the test kit from https://www.orthopedicanalysis.com/testing/order-testing-panel . You want the Orthopedic Panel Test 2. Once you get the test kit, your GP (or any lab) can do the blood draw and send it in for testing. You will have to have a doctor's order for the lab to run it.
 
@Pumpkin, you said earlier "Your surgeon will need to do a differential diagnosis to determine what is happening with your knee. Taking a sample of your joint fluid is a good start. You should have a thorough physical exam of your knee, knee cap, soft tissue, ligaments, and possibly further imaging"
What do you mean by differential diagnosis? My last knee surgeon, that did my 3rd revision, said after bacterial DNA testing no infection. He started me on Celebrex again and is recommending me to see an interventional radiologist to do a genicular artery block around my knee. Never heard of that before. Dr is emphatic that I do not have arthrofibrosis even though this swelling, pain, heat and loss of flexion and extension continues. I am not doing the genicular artery block any time soon if at all. Thinking of trying for a zoom or phone consult with a specialist in arthrofibrosis. My PT thinks it is arthrofibrosis and I have been seeing her with my knee for 8 years.
 
A differential diagnosis is when they look at every possibility to rule out other problems.
For example the DNA testing has ruled out an infection.

I think a Zoom call with an arthrofibrosis specialist is a good idea, and may answer some of the questions you have.

A Genecular artery block may help your knee, suggest you wait on any decision until you consult with the arthrofibrosis specialist.

@eaglemom had a genecular nerve block and may be able to share her experience.
That physician insisted on the genecular nerve block which did nothing. He then sent me back to my orthopedic.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom