Guest viewing is limited

TKR After surgery aching

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MimiStans I think you started to answer my questions and then got sidetracked about your signature! Well, I've done that for you. Can you now answer my questions so I can make sure you aren't doing too much? I'm also going to leave you some reading - hope you can access it all on your ipad!

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
I am so sorry! Actually I did reply but somehow I can see the reply but apparently you can not. Due to a splitting headache right now I will answer the questions tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
8, April, 2015
 
I you can see the post, but we cannot, you probably did not click on the post reply button. I have done that myself.
 
I hope you headache goes away. They are no fun at all.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom