TKR Adnil checking in....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda, congratulations on your good first trip to the swimming pool for some gentle exercise and relaxation in the water -- and also that you knee did NOT complain the next day. You're doing great with your knee recovery. With everything else that's going on, it's one day at a time. Your hubby is with you in spirit with all of the treasured memories that you both collected through the years. Take care, and enjoy the pool. :friends:

Thanks all for your replies. I do love swimming and am still amazed that this knee of mine hasn't acted up once. Mind you next week when we go home to begin packing up my house will be the test. I'll have to take breaks and lots of ice and chocolate, lots of chocolate. I can now afford a little treat now and then because I've lost so much weight the last few months. My poor hubby, he had the last few years of me overweight and limping around in pain. Now I'm losing weight and able to walk at a semi normal pace and he isn't here to enjoy it. Kinda sad.
Every day tho I notice and improvement. Still grateful for this board......:)

((((Hugs)))) Linda. It is good that you can go swimming and your knee has not acted up. I will be praying for you as you go home to pack up, and do take lots of breaks to ice and elevate. Treat yourself well! Snuggle that doggie :puppysmooze: , and take chocolate breaks and think of your sweet hubby smiling down on you as you reach each new milestone, knowing that he would be soooo pleased. He will want you to be happy and enjoy the ability to do the things that you find yourself able to do. He sounds like he was such a gift. :friends:

Linda, you are a wonder. I'm so proud of you....and the way you are dealing with all of this. When you have one of those little "success moments" and feel that warm glow in your heart, that's your hubby sending down his love and support for you....just remember that his spirit is ALWAYS there for you.

You probably have noticed, but I finally was able to merge your two threads. We are still working out the details of our merge process using the new software, but I was able to get yours done.

Linda, you are a wonder. I'm so proud of you....and the way you are dealing with all of this. When you have one of those little "success moments" and feel that warm glow in your heart, that's your hubby sending down his love and support for you....just remember that his spirit is ALWAYS there for you.

You probably have noticed, but I finally was able to merge your two threads. We are still working out the details of our merge process using the new software, but I was able to get yours done.
Hi Linda, I was so interested to hear you overcame your anxieties and went swimming, I like you, want to try the pool but keep dreaming up excuses like there not being easy access to the pool, he area around the pool being too sloppy etc etc. However after reading your posts and seeing your did I really feel now that there is nothing to stop me so maybe this week... I am 7 weeks post left knee replacement and still suffering a lot of swelling and stiffness but want to return to work week after next so hopefully the water may help. Keep strong and take care.

Hi Linda, I was so interested to hear you overcame your anxieties and went swimming, I like you, want to try the pool but keep dreaming up excuses like there not being easy access to the pool, he area around the pool being too sloppy etc etc. However after reading your posts and seeing your did I really feel now that there is nothing to stop me so maybe this week... I am 7 weeks post left knee replacement and still suffering a lot of swelling and stiffness but want to return to work week after next so hopefully the water may help. Keep strong and take care.
whoops, that should have read 'too sloppy'.

Thanks for the merge Jamie and also for your support. Means a lot and I will take your words to heart.

Dotty, I was also 7 weeks and terrified of slipping but mostly couldn't even think of being able to get in the pool. I could just envision me being relegated to a little plastic chair watching the others leap about. However, as soon as I took that first step down and let all my weight rest on my knee I was, well 'elated' doesn't even begin to describe my feelings. There was no pain. At all. Nada. All that fear had been for my old knee and all that it entailed. New knee took the weight as if it was perfectly normal. Even tho I was in an aquatics class I put on a flotation belt and stayed in the deep end not touching the bottom once and allowed everyone to swim by. It was just me and my knee. I also went very very slowly and was gentle with my movements.

I'm beginning to realize that years of living with and expecting pain is something that we have to let go of and it's not always easy. I was walking around the mall a few days ago and I swear step after step I was so conscious of there not being pain, almost as before I was so conscious of having pain. On the outside I was this calm lady wandering up and down the aisles but on the inside I was doing cartwheels of joy.

I'm looking so forward to hearing how you do when you and your knee head to the pool. I know you are going to do 100% fine. I'll be thinking of you.

(((((((hugs)))))))) Linda

Hi BJ, it sure did feel good. it was a great day.
Now we'll see how things are once I arrive home and begin the job of sorting thru all of our 'stuff'. I'm dreading it. I fly out at 6 am and I think the reality of the trip has just hit me like a ton of bricks. Thankfully I'll have my sister and my Grandson to walk thru the front door with me to a quiet house. I'm sure to see him everywhere I look.
I wish I could say I feel strong but I don't feel strong at all. In fact I'm scared to death. I can just hear him saying " you just have to keep on keeping on", or his other favourite saying of "you can eat a whole elephant one bite at a time".
It's just not fair.
I'll keep in touch and let everyone know how things are going. Please pray that God will give me strength.
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) Linda

Oh Linda, I will be praying for you. (((((((Hugs)))))) I am so glad that you will have your sister and your grandson with you. Your husband is right that "you just have to keep on keeping on" and you will be strong, God will help you and you will tackle that "elephant" one bite at a time. And your husband will be proud of you. Think about all of the good times with him and treasure those times in your heart. Cry, laugh and don't forget to rest, ice and elevate. You will make it through this. :friends:

large-smiley-052.gif
Linda, this hug is to remind you that all your fellow BoneSmarties have you in their hearts and are sending out comforting thoughts and positive vibes just for you. We care.

HI LInda, good luck today as you travel and arrive home. I hope you find comfort and peace knowing that your husband lives on in all you do and see around you.

I love his analogy about elephants! That is great. I have one that is similar but I like his better! He sounds like a wonderful man.

Take it slow and easy and as others have said, we are all behind you in support.

Be well,

Dawn

Thanks for the merge Jamie and also for your support. Means a lot and I will take your words to heart.

Dotty, I was also 7 weeks and terrified of slipping but mostly couldn't even think of being able to get in the pool. I could just envision me being relegated to a little plastic chair watching the others leap about. However, as soon as I took that first step down and let all my weight rest on my knee I was, well 'elated' doesn't even begin to describe my feelings. There was no pain. At all. Nada. All that fear had been for my old knee and all that it entailed. New knee took the weight as if it was perfectly normal. Even tho I was in an aquatics class I put on a flotation belt and stayed in the deep end not touching the bottom once and allowed everyone to swim by. It was just me and my knee. I also went very very slowly and was gentle with my movements.

I'm beginning to realize that years of living with and expecting pain is something that we have to let go of and it's not always easy. I was walking around the mall a few days ago and I swear step after step I was so conscious of there not being pain, almost as before I was so conscious of having pain. On the outside I was this calm lady wandering up and down the aisles but on the inside I was doing cartwheels of joy.

I'm looking so forward to hearing how you do when you and your knee head to the pool. I know you are going to do 100% fine. I'll be thinking of you.

(((((((hugs)))))))) Linda
Hi Linda, I hope all goes well on your return home, although I'm sure you will feel a great sadness but hope you can take comfort in your happy memories which will always be with you.

I have booked a relaxing spa day tomorrow with a friend so looking forward to getting in the water and I am not going to think about getting into the pool till I get there, I will I deed let you know how it goes.

Linda, I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you right now. You are so strong. I am sure that your sweet husband is looking down and sending strength to you.
((((Hugs)))) Joy

Linda, it's NOT fair!
Hope it helps to know that others think of you and care.
Just one day and one step at a time.
It will be good to have family round but your grieving is at your own pace...not theirs x

Linda, my thoughts are with you this week! You don't need to be strong. Having your husband in your heart and mind, he will be there to give you the strength you need. Already you know that. Find the joy of sharing the memories and stories with your sister and grandson. What a gift to your grandson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member