THR A New Hip in Vegas

@ForumUser Thank you for your reply and reassurance regarding the steroid shot. I went through series of shots for my knees and know that after a time they don't work. I've been nervous about the hip shot because it's more involved but I can deal with 30 seconds for the shot. I'm hoping that I get some good relief so that I can keep up and walk during my vacation but I'll be ready for my second replacement in December.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're enjoying the weekend.
Wishing you comfort as you await your December Right THR.
Stay in touch!
@DinVegas
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing well. We'd love to hear all about you're progress if you feel up to sharing next time you're on the forum. Hope Righty isn't giving you too much grief and you're able to enjoy the benefits of your June surgery.
A great rest of the week to you!
@DinVegas
 
I have an update on my surgery/right hip injection. As I was preparing for my left THR, I was also preparing for a trip to Capri in October. As my left hip healed my right hip let me know it was hurting. My doctor agreed to a hip injection prior to my trip. I received the hip injection three days before my trip. At first it was wonderful, I figured that was how I would feel after my second hip replacement. After a few days on our trip I realized that I still needed by cane - however while my right hip hurt it wasn't as bad as prior to the shot and I averaged walking 5 miles a day. I'm back now and the majority of the benefit of the injection has faded. I am a little less hurty, but it's clear that for me injections won't work in the long term. I'm looking forward to my right THR and will be posting in the pre-op forums until December 17.

I should say also that tomorrow is my left THR four month anniversary and I am so pleased with the results from that surgery.
 
Hi @DinVegas
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Capri. I'm sorry the injection has worn off and you're hurting, thankfully not as badly as pre-injection. You have a bit to wait, hopefully the time flies.
Wishing you comfort as you wait!
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a great weekend. :SUNsmile:
@DinVegas
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom