THR A new and improved Cindy?<

Status
Not open for further replies.
One very important and key piece of advice - never try to manage pain with exercises. It really doesn't work and you just risk making things a whole lot worse. I have two alternatives to suggest
1. look out some stretches
2. see a chiropractor

Perhaps you'd like to tell me the exact site (or sites) of your pain using this chart?
Please note the instructions in the smaller image

[Bonesmart.org] A new and improved Cindy?<


[Bonesmart.org] A new and improved Cindy?<
 
I also merged your threads as per this request One thread for your recovery please?

It is so much easier to be able to help you and give you the advice you need when we are able to easily see when your surgery was, what other issues you may have had, and what has been going on in your recovery just by looking at one thread instead of bouncing back and forth between two or more other threads.

We also have help articles here, you know! In here How To Use This Forum (it's in the "Help & Info" tab across the top of the page).
The article you want is this one How can I find my threads and posts?
 
@Josephine, the pain is in several areas, front, back, side, at different times.

For starters:

elf5
dl2b
dr3f
bl3b
dl1b
al3b and ar4b
cl2b
all over the place, but not all at the same time!


I'll try to track it better and more accurately. Can someone draw a graph on my body for reference?

The most alarming thing is that when I lift my leg (as in putting on pants or boots) the joint seems to slip a bit and I have to be careful putting my leg down, slowly. It reminds me of how my hip was before surgery, when I had little socket left. That's also the motion which elicits the clicking. Lying in bed I noticed that I have to move/bend my leg slowly because it causes the same slippage.

Now, just lying on the sofa I'm having pain from the top of my left buttocks down into the buttocks. Sometimes I have a slight burning, sometimes it's groin ache. It's so hard to separate out joint from bursa from sciatic. Since there is no joint I am wondering where the pain comes from!

I was only doing the stretches/exercises which the PT person had me do post-surgery. Most were just stretches. I'd been doing fine since last summer except that my sciatic pain was creeping in a bit and my hip bursa isn't happy. In fact I thought I'd made a miraculous recovery!

Sorry about the new thread, I'd forgotten how this works. Thanks for moving this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So this is the patter, yes? Seems to me the areas I encircled in red are Trochanteric bursitis and Piriformis syndrome which invariably go together.
The area encircled in blue could be low back pain and SI joint pain.
The red and green spots on the front are most likely tendinitis from the exercises.
All of these things can be well treated by a good chiropractor rather than exercises or even stretches.
 
@Josephine Thanks. But then why does the joint suddenly feel a bit unstable and I have clicking and slight slipping of the joint when I lift my leg to put on pants or boots?
 
I doubt it is the joint slipping. It's more likely ligaments shifting back and forth.
 
@Josephine Thanks. I'm off to the surgeon this afternoon so hopefully he will shed light on what's going on.
 
Ok, back from surgeon. All is ok, I think. He thinks that my problem is weak muscles surrounding the joint, so he's sending me back to PT. He does think the ball is slipping a bit and that's what I'm feeling. Not failing, but just muscle/tendon issues.

The xray looked fine. Based on the tests he had me do he does think there is a bit of tendonitis, and my tight hamstrings aren't helping.

I'm very relieved! Thanks, @Josephine, for your help! I had no idea that I could have issues at this point, but it's great that you guys are here to help.

I'll stay in touch and hopefully have a good report as the PT person works their magic.
 
Thanks @Cynthia777 . It was an exercise in anticipating/planning for the worst but not giving in to panic. That's new for me. Glad it worked!

I do love my doctor and trust him. He's a very good explainer. I will dutifully do the PT and hopefully all will be well. I plan on travelling this summer and need my legs for lots of walking, so I hope I get fixed up well!
 
Thought I'd check in to see how my Hippy Buddy is doing. Glad you are back on track with your Doc. I'll have my year check up in June. So far so good.
I've just caught up on your thread and hope things have resolved themselves. What great caring helpful support we get here. Happy Hippy Day to you. I think the best way I can celebrate is to keep active and get on with living! Hugs to you sweet @Cindy99
ps I've done minimal painting but have a trip planned with a group. I don't know why it's such a struggle when I fee so good when I do my art:flwrysmile:!
 
Greetings all! @wcgirl, glad to hear you are ok! Keep it up.\

I realized the other day that it was my surgery anniversary and I meant to get on here and write but I forgot!

My recent surgeon/PT adventure turned out to be a surprise: when I went back to my PT person from last summer she actually (literally) yelled at me for 20 minutes. I was shocked! I hope she was just having a bad day. I was in tears when I left that day.

I wrote her a note expressing my shock and said that since I know I didn't deserve that I hope she was just having a bad day -- only got half an apology back. I stuck with her for four weeks but it was a struggle. I still don't know what triggered her.

@Josephine You were right -- the PT person thinks it was ligaments shifting. Still happening although not as badly. Still don't know why it suddenly started. I'll try to keep doing my stretches/exercises.

Since I'm doing SO much better than I was a year ago I have decided to throw caution to the wind -- in five weeks I'm embarking on a nearly month-long trip to Norway! I'm part Norwegian (and I even found some relatives I didn't know I had) and I've always wanted to go so I'm going while I can! It's a terribly expensive trip but what the hell, considering how limited my life has been in recent years I deserve it!

Even though it's a long trip part of it is on purpose -- to create a leisurely pace with some down time. However, navigating Bergen (city of Seven Mountains, or Hills, or something) may be interesting. I've been walking my hilly property to get in shape, but I have a feeling I'm going to be tested. Especially with luggage!

Thanks, all, for your encouragement and support. You have no idea how much it's meant to me.

Cindy
 
@Cindy99, hello. :) I'm so sorry you had that experience with your PT person. How odd...and very unprofessional sounding I might add.
Your adventure to Norway sounds amazing! I hope you have a terrific time and that your hips feels great throughout. :)
 
Thanks @DeepBreath Yes, it was terribly unprofessional. I was truly shocked since I liked her so much last summer. Yelling at someone is never motivational.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom