Revision TKR _My Saga of a Hopeful Happy Ending - Nerve Burning??

Hi Nancy, I know that you checked in with me on my thread but I also wanted to read yours. Just like Chris said above, with both she and I having total knee revisions it does help to read that although the recovery and progress is slow that we will get there with time and patience. June 2nd, my revision knee will be 6 months old so I am not even half way to that yet just yet.

So sorry for the troubles with your ankle but it sounds like you handled it well.
 
Nancy, how are you doing? I have been thinking about you---are your dancing shoes on your feet?
 
Nancy, how are you doing? I have been thinking about you---are your dancing shoes on your feet?

Hi Kelly, So good to hear from you and hope you are doing well, also. Actually, I am doing real well and the dancing shoes are on and burning. :heehee: My right knee feels better now than it ever has since that first surgery. I am still experiencing lots of stiffness after being active but I know that is normal as only 1.4 years since the last revision. I am sure I will be at least 2 years or more healing from all those mess ups and stiffness is a part of healing.

My left knee seems to be holding out after the removal of tissue from the gutter. Sometimes I get a little catching but it does not hurt or bother me. Maybe down the road I will need to have it cleaned again.

And you... Did you instruct last ski season? How are the knees doing and scarring?
 
I did instruct last season---and had a lot of fun skiing. My knees are like yours---they work great but after a 20 mile hike, I am stiff the next day. I notice that I take a lot of early am showers so that I can get moving in the morning. It is just arthritis, not just he knees.

I turned 70 in May and now get a free pass on Big Mountain, so not sure that I will work this winter. My art business is doing great---I had very successful art fairs this summer and I am thinking of putting more time in to an Etsy shop and art fairs further away. I am happy and fulfilled in the art department. When I moved to Montana, I was an artist and closet jock. I then became a jock and closet artist. I am now trying to pull both sides of my life together. aristotle urges us to moderation in all things---but I seem to have only one speed---full steam ahead!!

I loved to dance in the little towns in Mexico---everyone in town would show up for Saturday dances. I would mostly dance with the little boys who were good and needed practice with adults!!! They were always so polite!! I have a friend who bought a big condo near Touloume and she wants me to visit. It is a wellness and yoga set up. I think I love Mexico---the people are so sweet and I love the food and dancing!! I envy you right now. I am so glad to hear that the last revision worked for you---you have been through a lot!!

[Bonesmart.org] _My Saga of a Hopeful Happy Ending - Nerve Burning??
[Bonesmart.org] _My Saga of a Hopeful Happy Ending - Nerve Burning??
 
:wave: Good to hear you're doing well, @LaPaz after all you've been through.
 
Wow, Congrats on your 70th and you look great, definitely not a typical 70 year old woman. I can't believe how well you have done with your knees and all the skiing. It is one thing aging and another aging with knee replacement slowing you down.:heehee: I am 63 and hope that I can do as well as you have when I reach 70. I love the pics and a pie rather than a cake, cute. Who is the adorable little one? It looks like life is just evolving for you with you getting back to Art. I love that you are so happy enjoying the things you can do. Send a photo of some of the art you have created. My Doc recommended taking MSM for inflammation stiffness and I take it with Glucosamine which is good for arthritis, too. I use to take this before the knee replacements and really noticed a difference with the joints.

I have been enjoying a lot of traveling with my mother 85 years. Our last trip was 6 weeks in Asia and I even did the first 3 weeks wearing a boot due to an ankle fracture (we rode elephants and petted tigers). Our next adventure is for her 86th birthday in Oct and we'll be visiting the Dominican Republic which she loves (our 4th visit there). The resort people treat her like a Queen and she eats that up. I like the dancing so we are both real happy. This week I put on the scuba gear and hit the water which is about 90 degrees now. The knee got pretty stiff afterwards but I expected that. At least I am not in any pain and the stiffness goes away when I rest so there is a happy medium I try to follow. My left knee does not stiffen the way my right knee does but it was done back about 4 years ago.
 
Nancy, how wonderful to hear from you and to know that you're enjoying yourself. I hope you do check back now and then and let us know what you're up to!!
 
dancing shoes are on and burning

Woohoo! Way to go Nancy! Good to hear that those dancing shoes are getting a work out. :)
I was at an outdoor wedding last week and everyone was dancing into the wee hours of the night. It was , at 11:30 pm, 96 F/ 35.5 C; OMG it was soooo hot but a lot of fun.

And you're back in the water too. Bet you had doubts that would happen again; so happy for you.
Does that mean you are back on the boat taking guests out on various excursions?
:realing:

And riding elephants; been there and done that..... it was kind of a bumpy ride..... and there was only this little rope across the front to hang on to.......

So dancing, globe hopping traveler, biking, scuba diving, is there anything you can't do?

And on to the Dominican Republic... nothing is holding you back.
You go girl!
 
Great report!
Can't wait to hear about your next adventure.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I am not doing charters anymore and also dropped my PADI Instructor status, as it is too much responsibility. As you all know so well our capabilities do have limits and in an emergency I would not be there 100% . I am just grateful I can do what I am doing. I will check back and report in.

[Bonesmart.org] _My Saga of a Hopeful Happy Ending - Nerve Burning??
 
[Bonesmart.org] _My Saga of a Hopeful Happy Ending - Nerve Burning??
Just wonderful to hear such good new, @LaPaz. And I do love the pic---you and your mom riding an elephant----PRICELESS!
 
For those of you that know I live in La Paz, Mexico. We just had Hurricane Odile rip through with 115mph winds making a total mess of the city. I hauled my boat out of the water the morning before we got hit Thank God! I had very little damage to my boat but there were 29 boats that went a ground and 3 people who lost their lives with their boats. So Sad and Cabo even is worse! This was the strongest Hurricane to hit the Baja since 1986. Boy did my knees stiffen when the barometer dropped!
 
Nancy,
Glad to hear you are OK after the Hurricane, and your Boat too. I bet the barometer dropped like lead, no wonder your knees were sore. Is your home OK too?
 
Wow @LaPaz
How fortunate you hauled your boat out of the water. How very sad that people perished or lost their livelihood. It is difficult to predict such disasters with enough time to take precautions except perhaps to find a safe place to ride it out.

I've seen the aftermath of a few hurricanes in Florida; the resilience of people is amazing after such disasters.

Thank you for reporting in as we all do worry about the people we know after hearing such news. And it sounds like you have your own built in warning system with your knees. Now if they only could give you about a two day advance warning so you could get out of harm's way.

Glad you and your boat are well!! :SUNsmile::yes:

I'll include an fyi to @Jamie and @Josephine so they also know you are well!
 
Thanks so much for letting us know you are okay. That was a horrific storm....the photos of Cabo were so very sad. I'm thankful you were able to get your boat out of the water. And I hope things start to get back to normal for you soon. I'm sure cleanup after a storm like that is something else.
 
I am starting to think very positive now. I couldn't be more thrilled after 3 replacements to my right knee and about 5 years later (2 years April 2015 for the right after last revision) it is finally RIGHT! What a long and disappointing road I had been on but things now have changed for the positive. I actually feel like I almost have a real knee. I have been totally enjoying this change in my life and wanted to share my Happy Moment of relief and to thank everyone for their support.
 
@LaPaz ,

I am so happy for you! You have been through so much, but have persevered! Congratulations and keep enjoying life!
 
@LaPaz....your post made my day, girl!!! This is the best news ever. It does prove that tenacity can help you get t where you should be when you have a challenging recovery. You have the strongest spirit....and I'm so happy you came back to let us know the good news. Hooray!!!!:loveshwr:
 
I am approaching 2 years on my right knee (3 replacements on that knee). My left is 5 years now. For all you well seasoned long term knee replacement test pilots,:heehee: I have a question. After doing lots of standing (waiting in lines) or hard exercise my knees will burn and get stiff. I always ice, elevate and try to rest afterwards which usually make everything go away quicker but sometimes it lingers a day or two. Is this normal for knee replacement?
 
Back
Top Bottom