Guest viewing is limited

TKR 9 Weeks post op full knee replacement UK

Hi @Dennie
I've just noticed that you were going to do aqua spin. How did you get on?
I did it for about a year pre my ops. I would love to go back but knee won't do a full rotation on the bike yet.
 
I had my rom checked for first time in weeks 115 bend and 15 straight , so my straight leg is not good, what is best thing I can do to help this improve ? I am 3 months post op.
I am going to tag @Josephine
our forum administrator and nurse director to address your concerns.
 
Hi @Bionic
Hi @Dennie
I've just noticed that you were going to do aqua spin. How did you get on?
I did it for about a year pre my ops. I would love to go back but knee won't do a full rotation on the bike yet.

I am on a six week rehab course with the wet bikes .

I love it and it’s a gentle class, my rotation is fine it’s straightening that seems to be my problem.

How are you getting on otherwise ?
 
@Dennie
I'm not doing bad but things could be faster. My extension is fairly good but my ROM is only about 90
The knee feels stiff and its usually a bit swollen.
I see that extension is your main problem. Do you have anyone at home to help you? My husband is very good and replicates all the exercises that physio do with me, although probably more gently. I sit on the kitchen table and we do extension and flexion exercises there.
My physio is done at a private hospital but they could refer me to the local NHS hospital which has a therapy pool. Alternatively I think I can refer myself. Will have to investigate.
 
I agree, simple walking is very good for gently encouraging extension. It takes a while to regain that and at 3 months post op you have lots of time to improve in this 12 month, on average, recovery.
 
Hi @Bionic

My husband also helps me , seeing my own PT on Tuesday and will go though all my exercise routine with her as I might being doing too much again.
 
@Dennie , I've been working on my extension, too. I like to lay on the floor with my rear against the wall and I straighten my legs up against the wall. I hope that makes sense. It's hard to describe using words. I can vary how much of a stretch I get by positioning my heel higher.
By the way, I noted a few weeks ago you said you wondered when you wouldn't feel the new parts of your knee joint. I still have that issue, too. I've got a noticeable click that the OS said would get better over time. Either that or I'll just get used to it, but I'm not quite there yet. :heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom