Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

Hello @laurendallastx
I’m so sorry. I just re-read your thread and still can’t get over your leg dangling for
twelve hours as your OS engaged in other surgeries. Is this a one man show? Does your surgeon have colleagues? From that astonishment to the unreturned phone calls it’s good you found someone wiling to go through your x-rays and records. I hope Monday brings you some reassuring news and you feel confident in your discussion with the surgeon you’re scheduled to meet with. Please let us know how it goes.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful weekend. :console2:
 
@laurendallastx, I'm so sorry to hear about all you've been through. I'll have to second Layla's assessment of your surgeon's lack of action to help you. I hope the new doctor proves to be a better fit for you.

I noticed you mentioned that you were walking with a cane. At this point, you may want to go back to using a walker for a while. It will give you so much more support as you recover from the dislocation and latest surgery. You are back at square one on the healing chart, unfortunately. So you need to take it easy, but you should be moving around the house for 5 minutes or so every hour or two to keep things mobile. And, until you get to feeling better, you may want to consider not going back to work. Right now you need to focus on healing.
 
I actually feel better and using the gait belt to get in and out of bed. The hip itself does not hurt but lifting the leg without assistance with sharp pain is suspect, especially when the first 4 weeks have been pain free. I have a long Monday coming up. New surgeon at 8am. I will post updates!
 
Hey Lauren,
Hope you’re doing well and your appt was a good one...almost three weeks ago now.
I’ll bet you’re feeling stronger each week and looking forward to brighter days ahead.
Have a great weekend and February! :SUNsmile:
@laurendallastx
 
Two Months to date since your revision. Stopping by to say :hi: and wish you a Happy Anniversary! I hope all is progressing nicely for you. Please update as time allows. We’d love to know how you’re doing.
Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@laurendallastx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom