Attachments

• 2138F967-A96F-4060-98C9-6DC305AEF8AD.png
    2138F967-A96F-4060-98C9-6DC305AEF8AD.png
    22 KB · Views: 264
  • 1A7A4F3D-D02F-44A9-851E-BBDABD718CBA.png
    1A7A4F3D-D02F-44A9-851E-BBDABD718CBA.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 251
I Yi Yi....don't cry :bawl:
Quite the difference, BUT, you're going to have a fabulous long lasting outcome this time around :thumb: with no do-overs.:wink:
@Corey W

It is quite a difference but each step takes you closer to a complete recovery, slow and steady. :kitty:

@clodaghcov what supplements do you recommend?
Hi, @Corey W. Sorry you are having a bit of a different recovery than you intended, but you've got the right attitude going and it is very early yet. I hope that slowing down a bit will help things settle.

I must ask that you not solicit input like this from other members. We don't allow members to advise other members like this as it is considered to be "medical advice." Members can talk about things that work for them, of course. But what is appropriate for one member - even supplements - could be harmful for another. As Jaycey said, if you are interested in trying some supplements, you need to talk that over with your GP or your surgeon.

Right :) I knew that part, just wondering if there was data to indicate "goodness" factor wrt the use of supplements?

I haven't seen any analysis in my reading thus far - at least at it relates to joint replacement - assuming one's diet is reasonably normal.

Last edited:
Oh boy! Didn’t mean to alarm y’all. In all honesty I believe that whole natural raw foods provide everything I need. I’ve tried many supplements in the past, but my green smoothies are easily all I need. I should not have engaged that thread— my bad.

It’s not hard to imagine that you make careful food choices, @Corey W I never needed any supplements to recover from any of my surgeries. Just wholesome good food choices, and I heal just fine. I expect hip surgery to be the same.

@ Corey W I spent many months in hospital with infection and during that time i researched and researched having had infections 3 times i had to be as fit and healthy as possible,yes raw and wholesome all good choices, so at least i am doing my bit for the surgeons,they can only do so much, restrictions precautions keeping well are all my duty things, and it passed many hoursxx

1 week update
-All blood cultures came back negative this week! This is amazing news and an answered prayer. I’ll keep the IV for 5 more weeks and have learned how to give myself injections so I’ll only see a nurse 1 x a week for blood tests instead of every day. Infection free 4 me!!

-hip pain...was able to break free of narcotics yesterday at noon. The throbbing burning pain of surgery was gone:yes!:. I moved to Ibuprofen ( what works for me) with no issues. Vitality and strength have returned! Another answered prayer!

-forecast- I promised to use crutches for 2 weeks after surgery and will abide. I feel I could go without but I’m sticking to my plan.
My plan also is no PT until Dr. visit Nov 4 so just walking. Period. I plan to limit myself to 5000 steps a day as a self controlled limit. I’ll send a report in a week. Thanks for all the prayers and positive vibes from just a ton of people. Feeling blessed and focused on recovery!!! LETS GO!!!:driver:

:yahoo: How much better can your news get?! :goodpost:
Such wonderful news! You have a solid plan for the next few weeks.
I will keep you in my prayers, for your continued improvement.

Woohoo!
Praise the Lord. Such awesome news, Corey.
May all continue to go well for you. Happy Thursday!
@Corey W

Wow, that is such encouraging news, Corey. May those blood tests continue to come back negative for infection. I hope this represents a turning of the corner towards complete recovery and wellness for you. There IS life after revision! Keep us posted. We care.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Alwaysknitting
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom