Guest viewing is limited

THR 5 weeks post THR<

Well done on walking without your cane. Just keep it near and when you are tired use it. You don't want to get into the habit of limping.
 
I'm just worried that the sharp pain was related to my implant and not to my muscle. Should I be concerned? On the other note, I've reached another milestone- started walking without cane
Not a good idea considering you're just tweaked your muscle! Take it easy for a while. :ice:
 
When I press the certain spot on my buttock it's sore. I have been icing it a lot and have been resting as well. I have been back to the cane, since it gives me more support. This just bothers me, I can't help but think that I have messed up something inside. When I walk it's not that bad, I mean the pain is almost not there, just that soreness in my butt.

This morning I had a lot of pain in my groin, but that is gone by now. Ugh, I was just hoping that I will be progressing more quickly, without any issues.
 
Hi Dust- I am 8 days ahead of you. I still get some groin pain off and on and the buttock pain. Usually happens when I am overdoing. Pt tells me (and people on this site) that muscles etc. in bad leg haven't been used correctly for some time--even though I didn't realize how much I had been favoring it. Ice is my friend. Slow, steady progress-can't get it all back in a few weeks!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
This just bothers me, I can't help but think that I have messed up something inside
Well in essence you have - you tweaked a muscle in your butt! But that's all.
 
@Tweetybrd I know, but is hard lol
I was always "on the road", working jobs that I adore (I'm a RN), so I have gotten into a habit that I have to question everything that is abnormal to me :D So I guess I have to learn to relax and give it some time.
 
Try to enjoy it has much as one can "enjoy" having surgery lol... Im sure it wont be long until you are back to what you love. :)
 
Well can't complain, hubby has been pampering me, kinda enjoying it LOL
 
@Dust - milk it (why not?) :eyebrows:. I actually reckon my Hubby liked being in charge. Don't overlook the fact that they worry far more than they let on about us going into surgery, and once we're home they quite enjoy the idea of taking over the reins. Mine isn't great on the sympathy scene, but he certainly managed things pretty well. You cannot rush this healing thing. Nature is in charge. My OS said just listen to your body. Take it steady and your progress will be far more rewarding.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dust-definitely enjoy pampering! I have handled most of this on my own since husband passed last year. Take the help you can get and pay forward after recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So sorry for your loss @MammaT, I can not even imagine going through the recovery on my own. You are truly a hero :console2:

@Miss Muffet he is not complaining, I am not complaining, match made in heaven :heehee:
 
Today went to see my OS, 7 week follow up. X Rays and exam look all good. I was advised more PT to improve my leg muscles, and was cleared for driving. I told him that since yesterday I started to have some ache in my buttock area (operated side) and he said just to ice it and take it easy. I forgot to tell him that here and there, when I stretch my leg I hear a popping sound in my groin. It is not loud nor does it hurt and it happens random. I'm set to see my PT on Wednesday and will ask him about it, but I thought to ask anyone here if they had a similar experience. Could it be that my tendons or ligaments are stretching? @Josephine, what do you think?
Thanks in advance
 
I have the random popping in my groin on operated side too and it doesn't hurt at all. Like you I think it's tendons or ligaments stretching. I have PT this afternoon and plan to ask about it then.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I forgot to tell him that here and there, when I stretch my leg I hear a popping sound in my groin.
Lots of new hippies have this sensation. I had it after both THRs. Everything needs to firm up around the joint again. This just fades away with time.
 
Thank you @Jaycey :)

I'm still a newbie, learning and adjusting to the new hip, so everything new kind of bugs me and concerns me.:flabber: :reading:
 
PT said the random popping is normal, especially as we are increasing activity levels. The ligaments and tendons are adjusting. As long as there is no associated pain there is no cause for concern.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom