THR 5 hours post op

Day 9
Yesterday I was up a bit more and traded my walker for a cane. I felt I got around with the cane just fine. We took a short drive and visited with some friends for about 90 minutes. It was great to be out. It had a restless night my whole lower body felt achy and fatigued. I woke up that way as well, and also exhausted. I heave no energy this morning.
Did I make a mistake going to my cane? I was getting around with it just fine so I thought I was ready but the way I feel this morning suggests otherwise. I’m not in pain, the sensation is just achy and very, very lethargic.
 
I don't think it was necessarily a mistake using your cane and getting some out of the house time... we do pay for it a little these early days.
Take things extra easy today and you'll be back on track soon, I bet.:friends:
 
It sounds like you've tested the ODIC membership initiation. It doesn't take much in the first months of recovery. It happens to all of us, we start feeling good and confident so we do a little more. We still feel good that day so we keep going thinking all is good. It's always the next day that we pay the price, and if we go far enough we pay for days.
 
Hello @kfisher119
I hope you're feeling better on this one month anniversary of your THR. I can relate to the way you felt after first using your cane three weeks ago. I did the same one day, the first day I tried to abandon the walker and I overdid it. I think our gait is a bit different with the cane, than the walker, and it doesn't take much to throw us off early on as I'm sure you recall from your first recovery. Hopefully you had a nice Christmas and you're looking forward to a brand new year of new beginnings. Happy 2023!
 
Small hospitals are so much better. The hospital I used was 200+ beds, not sure if that's considered small but they had a separate orthopedic section of only 14 beds. All private rooms & bathrooms. Spotless clean & none of the noise and hustle/bustle of a general hospital room. They do wake you for vitals but other than that you can actually get some rest in this environment. A welcome treat not to have the usual hospital chaos in addition to trying to get used to new body parts. Lol.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom