PKR 4cats1home Knee Recovery

Welcome to the other side!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My OP only presribed 40 tablets of hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (Norco 5/325) and he will not refill.

I have been taking 2 tablets every 4 hours and by the 4th hour I need them.

I'm concerned that the pain will still be there after I use the 40 tablets up.
 
When do you see him again? 40 hydrocodone and 40 norco or 40 together?
 
40 hydrocodone bitartrate acetaminophen only. Thought they were called Narco.

Appt tomorrow afternoon to have incision & bandages checked.
 
I would talk to him then and have figured out when you'll run out. If he refuses you can see your PCP about pain management.
 
Unfortunately, some doctors are getting really stingy about giving our pain pills. This country is worried about the opinoid problem and it trickles down to the people that really need them.
 
Update: Last night was the best nights sleep since before the surgery. I still had to wake-up to take pain pills and hobble to the bathroom, but the sleep I did get was good.

Heading to PT evaluation this morning and find out my PT schedule going forward.

Later today I have my 1st follow-up with OP to remove some of extra dressings & to change incision dressing. It will feel so nice. I will also get to see my incision for the first time too.
 
Isn't that first good sleep like heaven? Good luck on your follow-up. Hope everything goes well!
 
Let us know how it goes.
Great news on the good sleeping.
 
Post-op Appt. went really well. Hydrocodon prescription has been extended for another week.

I found out I have stitches insteadof staples. The incision looked nice and clean with no redness or leaking.

PT 2 times per week.
Get stitches out on June 6th.
 
Good deal! I'm glad you have a good appointment and that your incision is healing well!
 
I'm glad you don't have to worry about a script. Do you see him again in a week's time?
 
Do you see him again in a week's time?

I do not see my OS until Jun 6th to have stitches removed. I have a wellness check with my family Dr. on June 5th.

My only other appointments are PT twice a week.
 
If you're still needing something for pain and your OS won't help you can talk to your PCP about a step down med like Tramadol.
 
I am glad that you got another script for pain meds. I hope you have a great recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
4 Days Post-Op.
[Bonesmart.org] 4cats1home Knee Recovery
 
Made it thru the first week of recovery without too many issues/pain except for the first 2 days.

Looking forward to everyday getting better & better.

Questions: Is it normal to feel sudden twingles/tingling around the incision area? I wouldn't say it is painful and it doesn't last long, but takes you by surprise.

I have been getting minor cramps in my surgery leg. I am wearing TED stockings. Is this normal?
 
All normal. You'll notice all sorts of weird twinges, aches and painsa that are a result of surgery and healing. Do the cramps come when you're not wearing the TEDs?
 
All normal. You'll notice all sorts of weird twinges, aches and painsa that are a result of surgery and healing. Do the cramps come when you're not wearing the TEDs?

I figured all the different feeling were just part of the healing process. Makes me feel good that the healing process is in full swing.

I went without the TED stocking for a day and I noticed that the cramps were starting so I have had the TED on for the last 2 days/nights and my thigh still has very slight cramping/tightness.
 
Back
Top Bottom