Guest viewing is limited

THR 48hrs and BEYOND.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thank you, DGrant, for your inspiring recovery thread. Although I am not a big poster, I read about your recovery with great interest in the weeks leading up to my LTHR yesterday. The account of your journey gives me hope and something to look forward to in the weeks to come. Best of luck to you on your continued healing!
 
Great to read your post, this is all ahead of me, feeling better following your story. Holly
 
@DGrant
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for your posts & encourage you to post some more. I'm not quite 3 weeks out now & know I'm doing well despite feeling like my progress is slow.
Your posts are uplifting & a reminder to all that we need to recover like the tortoise, not the hare.
Thanks,
SweetPea69
 
Just a quick post here. Its now 5 1/2 months... maybe a little more. I'm absolutely thrilled and totally a new person. I walk walk walk... Just got home from Las Vegas, by my fitness-app I walked 6.3 miles... and I do believe it. Zero pain, very little fatigue(surprisingly..), and got up the next day and walked over 4 miles.

I can kneel, squat, crawl, and pretty much anything I ever did. I do still have a slight weakness on my op-side, compared to my non-op side... which it has gotten stronger over the months... That's the ONLY indication I've had any sort of surgery. My surgeon is very pleased... I've been in for probably 3-4 follow-ups since surgery.. He always points at my X-ray and says... "now that's a perfect hip!!"... and of course I reply "I know, its mine..Thank you!"...

Life is back 10-fold from what it was a year ago. I could never imagine what a diff it was going to make.

My right hip is holding its own too. I do have a slight pain after walking long distance(like over 6 miles..).. but its nothing nothing.... and my op-side hip has ZERO pain... ZERO! so.. I'm just following up here after my epic walk hike in Las Vegas.. and yes... I won some dough too... ha. That's always good!
 
@DGrant Thanks for checking in! Great update! So glad you are enjoying that shiny new hip!
 
Awesome! Yours was one of the first post op threads I started reading because of the timing of when I started following & planning for my surgery. right there with you, this new hip has made a huge difference in my life. I ride my bike for longer distances, zero pain. The limp is gone. I can keep up with my family for walks & not be limping & in pain after. No more medicines for arthritis pain. I'm jogging a bit on my treadmill, & my weight is starting to come down. I can get down & sit Indian style on the floor & play games with my daughter. Life is good with this new hip. I do still have that slight weakness too, sometimes I help that leg into the car. I think with more time & strengthening that will be a thing of the past too. Glad to hear that you are enjoying life & traveling, big smiles here for THR & getting life back!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom