Jane B.
graduate
@cbrniner, I hope you enjoyed your football day. Our guys watch the Patriots.
My husband once told me to read a book, watch TV, and listen to music all at the same time when I had a mild case of shingles. Anything to keep your mind off the pain. I thought that the pain would be worse in the beginning and get better from there. Not sure that's how it works, once we start moving things, walking and stretching. Just got to get through it. I've had a couple of achy days this week. I've been reading the new Lee Child/Jack Reacher book. (I saved it to start reading in the OR waiting room!) His books are so not me, but like Stephen King, he's a good writer.
As for the "Ahem" stuff: I've been taking stool softeners (Colace or generic) and Metamucil twice a day. They are your friends. I choose my foods for protein and fiber. I'm not very hungry, so I make what I eat count.
I'm going to be very jealous when you and @amber777 get your stitches out. Mine come out on the 23rd, but I'm behind you watching you do your exercises!
My husband once told me to read a book, watch TV, and listen to music all at the same time when I had a mild case of shingles. Anything to keep your mind off the pain. I thought that the pain would be worse in the beginning and get better from there. Not sure that's how it works, once we start moving things, walking and stretching. Just got to get through it. I've had a couple of achy days this week. I've been reading the new Lee Child/Jack Reacher book. (I saved it to start reading in the OR waiting room!) His books are so not me, but like Stephen King, he's a good writer.
As for the "Ahem" stuff: I've been taking stool softeners (Colace or generic) and Metamucil twice a day. They are your friends. I choose my foods for protein and fiber. I'm not very hungry, so I make what I eat count.
I'm going to be very jealous when you and @amber777 get your stitches out. Mine come out on the 23rd, but I'm behind you watching you do your exercises!
United States