Guest viewing is limited

4 Wks Out RKRP Polio leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that same back/sciactia pain you're having with my second knee replacement. It lasted quite a little while. Deep tissue massages from the PT person did seem to help some and then I used a chiropractor after that for a while and eventually it got better. But I think it just takes time because our bodies have been so "out of balance" prior to getting the knees worked on.

Dixie
 
I am going to ask about Tramadol, on Tues. when I see my OS. Can you also take it with ibuprophen or is that not a good idea?
Actually it's best taken with 1,000mg of Tylenol each dose which is a much better analgesic than ibuprofen.
 
Saw my OS yesterday, in Baltimore. This time the 2+ hour drive was easy. Discovered that I had mistakenly been put on oxycodone with acetaminophen before. I am allergic to acetaminophen and stopped taking it too early. We got that straightened out. A physician's assistant made the error. Lots of apologies. Now on 5 mg oxycodone and will take it at night. I don't take much of anything during the day. However, ROM not so good at 91 degrees. I have to get it to 110 in 4 weeks. Concern about adhesions. Will work on that. Slept pretty good last night.
 
Chit signed for 6 more weeks of PT. Also included is PT and heat, TENs treatments for lower back pain. I ice my knee and use a moist heaing pad on my back. I also take long, long showers sitting on a bath chair. Wow! They feel so good.
 
Just wondering how you are doing with your knee. I had polio with left calf atrophy and ankle fusion. Just had TKR on good knee at John Hopkins hospital with good results. Will be needing TKR on polio affected knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom