amb3k9
junior member
- Joined
- Aug 21, 2017
- Messages
- 27
- Age
- 44
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
Started PT yesterday, was able to bike for 5 mins but I don’t have any strength at all in my glutes at all. Can do straight leg raise or lateral or posterior at all. Still really early, still some swelling and still fairly painful with movement. Hopefully those muscles wake up soon
It is frustrating in young people when you felt so fit prior to surgery. You start worrying about possible nerve injury but this soft tissue is still pretty angry as they had to go back in after I was already closed. I did a Military physical fitness test (on a bike) about 10 days prior to surgery but couldn’t really walk well afterwards. Surgeon said it was bone on bone and joint was trashed but everything else is great. So was time to do it and it was significantly affecting qol.
May have to tell PT to back off a few days as my hip replacement wasn’t completely straight forward with increased op time and bone graft needed. Have to be patient with myself
It is frustrating in young people when you felt so fit prior to surgery. You start worrying about possible nerve injury but this soft tissue is still pretty angry as they had to go back in after I was already closed. I did a Military physical fitness test (on a bike) about 10 days prior to surgery but couldn’t really walk well afterwards. Surgeon said it was bone on bone and joint was trashed but everything else is great. So was time to do it and it was significantly affecting qol.
May have to tell PT to back off a few days as my hip replacement wasn’t completely straight forward with increased op time and bone graft needed. Have to be patient with myself



