TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

This is great! I must warn you about swimming, though. Water adds resistance and it is very easy to overdo while not knowing it. Just walking in a pool is a lot of stress on that new knee of yours. Start out very slowly and see how your knee reacts that night and the next few days.
agree with @sistersinhim. I still cannot judge my knee in water and have overdone it in an aquarobics class at 2 years post my PKR. Yet I regularly walk 10,000 steps/ day, can do up to 20,000 steps/ day on holiday and recently hiked a steep trail in Germany with 487 steps up to a cliff-top viewing point at the Bastei bridge. None of this bothered me at all.
I am a bit hypermobile and I think I may overtwist my knee in water without realising it. But the principle is that is very hard to tell and particularly early on I would be extremely careful in water.
 
The pool beckons me tho! Haha
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!
    38970AF9-80D6-4AC0-9F9A-2E1D1A207227.webp
    167.7 KB · Views: 48
Wow...what a beautiful view! It would be difficult to refrain from jumping in daily, just floating around gazing at that back drop, even if you're not exercising or swimming at full capacity currently. You're blessed!
I hope you have a wonderfull weekend!
@ferddword
 
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Knee feeling pretty good. Icing and elevating less since able to do more but need to stay on that program. Chipped and putt a bit the other day - felt nice to be out there. I’m toying with the idea of playing a round this week. The OS said I could. I looked back on my other knee and I didn’t play until right short of 3 months. Stay tuned. Have a good week ahead everyone!
 
I think that’s wise. You’re making small increases every few days in your activities and that’s good. When you do that and have no swelling or pain, you know you’re doing it correctly. An entire round of golf might take you over the line at this point in your recovery. You don’t want to end up back in the ODIC!
 
Hi everyone. 7 week post op update. Well, I played golf. 18 holes. A lot of bad shots but some good ones. . It was nice to be out there with the guys. I didn’t push off the knee as I normally would but overall no pain. I’m back home icing and elevating. I didn’t notice it swell more than it already is so I guess that’s good. Still feel some numbness in my lower right shin which I think is the Iovera shots. Let’s see how I feel tonight and tomorrow.
 
That's amazing! Just wait a couple of days to be sure all's well before repeating it. You are doing great.
 
Wow! How was your night, and how are you today? I hope you are having no after-effects of your golf day yesterday. Like EalingGran said, wait a few days before trying it again.
 
Good for you!!!!
Yep definitely plan a few low key days after an excursion like that. Must have felt SOOOO good.
 
Yeah I should have but ended up helping my mother in law dig up the plant beds and carried 8 sacks of pot soil. Definitely feeling the knee now - it’s yelling at me! Urgh. ODIC checking in. Will take it easy this weekend! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
 
carried 8 sacks of pot soil. Definitely feeling the knee now - it’s yelling at me! Urgh. ODIC checking in.

Now, you know better than that! You need to protect that baby knee, instead of working it to death. It has earned itself a few days of the routine, ice, elevation, and rest! Enjoy a relaxing weekend and find something interesting to watch on the tube. Your knee will thank you, and so will the rest of your body.
 
Keep this up and I'm going to start thinking you like those stints in the ODIC. :wink:
I hope you're taking it easy, getting in lots of rest, ice, elevation...and feeling better.
There's a saying that pops up around here often enough - "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"
Betting you will agree. :thumb:

A relaxing Sunday to you and good week ahead. :)
@ferddword
 
Hi folks. My 8.5 weeks/almost 2 month update. Going along nicely. I’ve been playing golf once every few days. Knee is still a bit swollen, but ever so slightly going down and me playing I’m sure isn’t letting it reduce the swelling faster. But swelling does take awhile anyway even with regular day to day activities so figured might as well enjoy the outdoors. Also looked back on my 1st TKR and this recovery seems to be moving along faster. I know I shouldn’t compare.

I want to keep progressing so if I play 1 day I rest the next. I elevate and ice for at least 2 hours in the evenings. Still taking meloxicam. Wonder if taking that for too long? OS said to continue. Would Advil work better for swelling? I really just want the swelling to be gone. Haha. I have to remind myself I’m only 2 months in.

All in all feels solid and don’t have any restrictions when I play. Still feels tight of course but happy where I’m at.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom