TKR 2nd time around recovery

Hi there. We are just 1 day apart in surgery!! Glad to hear you are doing so well. You lack of pain meds is awesome. I am still on max paracetamol and nearly max ibuprofen!! Same for me with the time period challenge from dinner to bed. Take care x
 
It sounds great! I'm really glad you're doing so well. Both of you.
 
@dogwalker2 I had not connected the fact that our surgeries were so close! I need to follow you. It is always good to have someone who is going through the same thing! This time around my surgeon used some fancy computer assisted surgery and 3D printing, along with a spinal in an outpatient setting vs full anesthesia. Although I have not noticed any other positives, I do seem to need less pain killers, so that is a very good thing! I recall lots of drama (on my part!) in my first knee replacement with getting the right amounts of pain meds. :-)
 
Added G&F to my watch list, all five Seasons of it :rotfl: I like that each episode is only 25 minutes. I finished Chernobyl, it was excellent.
 
@LaxMom Just a post script, considering Orange is the New Black, I stopped after maybe season 3 because I like to binge not hang out for the next season to come along. Short attention span :what: tend to forget who is who between times.
 
I finished Chernobyl, it was excellent.

It was excellent. Did you find the podcasts? They are great as well and explain so many things left unsaid in the mini series.

I am onto season 2 of G&F. While I am probably more G than F, these days I am channeling my inner Frankie! LOL! My clothing especially looks more like Frankie at the moment. :-)

I will keep Orange is the New Black in mind. Thanks for being my binge watching buddy!
 
Trying something new today with meds. I think I was taking a little too much Tylenol. Instead of 4x/day, I am trying 3x/day at 6 am, 2 pm, and 10 pm. I also am taking just one oxycodone at 10 pm. This should allow me to get a fairly good night's sleep if I can fall asleep and stay asleep. Previously, I had scheduled meds at 11 pm and 5 am and it has just been too hard to stay awake for that. Today I had the lesser amount of Tylenol and seem ok.
 
Wow, Chernobyl? That's heavy. My husband is watching it and I get the cliff notes. When I asked friends for their viewing recommendations I specified minimal violence, minimal drama! lol I'm really looking forward to finally having the time to watch Downton Abbey.
 
I watched it before surgery, agree I am not sure if I could do it now. I like to laugh after surgery.
I learned after a surgery last winter that my emotions get all over the place when I'm recovering. I can't do anything even vaguely suspenseful. Too stressful. I'm planning a lot of comedy too.

If anyone has HBO, Gentlemen Jack is excellent. And it a true story of a fascinating woman named Ann Lister
I'm loving this. I think it's been very well done.
 
I am struggling with getting pain meds right. On 4×1000mg paracetamol (6am,12,6,12 approx) and 2×400mg ibuprofen (9am & 9pm) and 1×200mg ibuprofen at 2.30. This halfdose ibuprofen is my vain attempt to cut down on meds!!! Hospital sent me out with tramadol but it made me feel so horrid that I stopped it on Day 6. Days are ok but early evening andcearky morning care not good, Hey ho, I am sure it will pass. I am going for a bit of drama with tv and watching Killing Eve (2nd series), 1st series was really good!!
 
Hi there ok so I was 4th June and feeling s total wimp as still on Mac tramadol and paracetamol plus naproxin for swelling .. cannot imagine giving them up quite yet.
Oh and my guilty pleasure binge watch is game of thrones only on session 3 ... 5 more after that ha!!!
 
@newpartial you are not a wimp at all! I was on way more pain killers and for way longer for my first knee. Every person is different and every knee is different. It is so easy to get caught up in comparing. Just follow your body. My physical therapist is great at reminding me that before I take any meds I should assess my pain level and then make a decision. It has helped me a lot this time around. Good luck to you!
 
I agree. Follow your body. My physical therapist also said don't get off meds too soon.
I'm taking Tylenol extra strength during the day but still tramacet at night.
Hard to keep moving if you are in pain.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom