• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

2019 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
United States United States
sept 127.jpg
@KarenKat, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. And yes, hips are easier than knees!

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

KarenKat

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thank you....that’s 3 of us on the same day from different parts of the world ! (love my sapphire moggie) Will create a pre-op thread shortly x

Ptarmigan

senior
Country
Please change my date from August 5 to September 3! Very excited to turn “Sapphire”! Thanks!

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here are the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

02 September 2019 Bentley's Slave
05 September 2019 Deeship45
06 September 2019 kfisher119, FayeL, KBSunny
09 September 2019 SugarMonky, Hipster64, 321Evie
10 September 2019 nancyjo, RinTinTin, KarenKat
11 September 2019 ladybiker, PaulSim, Polska
13 September 2019 gerilari
18 September 2019 BionicLegs, chippa
19 September 2019 midouri, HHiggins
26 September 2019 bionicme26

Last edited by a moderator:

Hipster64

Country
Hi bottomshollow: You did not officially add my 9/9 left hip replacement date to the September list; my 7/12 request to be added was acknowledged by you, but the date was never added. If you could officially add my 9/9 date to your list, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help, and enjoy your week! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
embarassed.jpg
@Hipster64, actually I did put you on the September list when you requested it, but I mistakenly made the date the 15th. I have made the correction---as you can see if you scroll up the page to the actual surgery list. I have also added your second surgery date to your signature.

Hipster64

Country
Thank you bottomshollow; much appreciated. If there are any changes to the 9/9 date I will let you know. The OS saved the date for me but wants to monitor my right hip to ensure it's strong enough to take over for the left one.

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
sept 123.jpg
@Deeship45, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. And yes, hips are easier than knees!

ladybiker

Country
Hi, I am scheduled for a left THR on 11th September. I am nervous but due to the amount of day-to-day pain I currently have - things can only get better.

One question: At my pre-op appointment the OT said that I should sleep on the left side of the bed so I get out with my poorly leg first. As a consequence I have changed sides but this is really not working well for me. It is a bit like getting into the car. I can step into my car (right hand drive - UK) with my sore leg and then bring my good leg in but getting in to the other side is really tricky as I can step in with my good leg but pulling my poorly leg in is agony. I have settled on the 'butt in then swing the legs around' technique getting into the passenger side of the car. Thinking of going back to the right side of the bed - how does everyone else do?

321Evie

Country
Australia Australia
My surgery date has been moved to September 9 [emoji50][emoji50][emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bottomshollow
Country
sept 159.jpg
@ladybiker, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
Hi
Could you add my twin sis @Bentley’s slave to the September THR’s.. it’s booked for 2nd September...

Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerilari

Country
I am having my final replacement on Sept 13th. Thanks

chippa

Country
Hi - I'm booked for right THR 18th Sep 2019 & very very nervous!

KBSunny

Country
Hi! I am scheduled for left hip replacement Friday, September 6. This was scheduled last week so I am scrambling!

Had right knee done 10/17/17 by the same doctor, so I feel a bit like I know what I am getting into.

Mayhip8

senior
Country
Ohhhhhh !!! I'm having my RTH on Friday 13th - 18 weeks after my LTH :yahoo:

So looking forward to being pain free ( eventually )

bionicme26

Country
me! Sept 26th, L THR, direct anterior approach

Mayhip8

senior
Country
Ohhhhhh !!! I'm having my RTH on Friday 13th - 18 weeks after my LTH :yahoo:

So looking forward to being pain free ( eventually )
It was cancelled re-scheduled for Oct 2nd

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I have just added the following members to the September 2019 hip surgery team. I apologize for this taking so long, but bottomshollow, who usually takes care of this, has been off the forum for a while with some personal issues.
If you haven't started a thread for yourself in the Hip Recovery forum, please do and let us know how you're doing. Welcome to BoneSmart!

@HHiggins
@FayeL
@PaulSim
@Polska
@Bentley's Slave
@gerilari
@chippa
@KBSunny
@bionicme26

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics