Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

2019 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 54.jpg

@brookeo , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op forum.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 85.jpg

@Jmpotions ,
You have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 42.jpg

@4cats1home ,
You have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
Nov 55.jpg

@Seasnail , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Pumpkln

Country
Nov 54.jpg

@Gretelin , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op forum.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 76.jpg

@ritabell , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so, if you haven't already, please start a thread of your own in the Hip Replacement Pre-Op forum.

Akgrl123

Country
Hi! I am new here- having a RTHR on 11/14 with Dr Chow. 47yr old active mom with bilateral hip dysplasia, torn labrum, multiple cysts.
Ready to be pain free and back to my adventurous life!

Pumpkln

Country
Nov 1.jpg

@Akgrl123 , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

beachy34

Country
I'm going to have my RTHR on November 26. Kind of a last minute decision, but I'm going to go for it.

Pumpkln

Country
Nov 33.jpg

@beachy34 ,

nancyjo

Country
Having Left Hip Replacement Nov. 13! Oops, that is 5 days away! Right hip replacement and gluteal maximus tendon rupture repair done on September 10. Recovery has been good but still painful. Walking with a cane finally only to go back to crutches again. Oh well.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 65.jpg

@nancyjo ,

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 34.jpg

@JKWHIPPIE ,

ritabell

Country
Having left anterior THR on Nov 13 . Right THR was March 2019. Nervous.

Gretelin

Country
Hi! I am new here- having a RTHR on 11/14 with Dr Chow. 47yr old active mom with bilateral hip dysplasia, torn labrum, multiple cysts.
Ready to be pain free and back to my adventurous life!
AKgrl 123 hello and welcome to the forum. Im glad you have tskien a big decision in having surgery. You will not regret it. It was the best decision I took. Now you can live pain free. Later on is the adaptation to walking, moving, sleeping etc. If tgeres anything I can do to help let me know. Blessings and will keep you in my prayers. Much Love, Gretelin!!

Gretelin

Country
I had LTHR in Tuesday Nov.5,2019
Im a fresh little bread from the oven. Im learning how to maneuver to have more mobility with the surgery leg. I got home from the hospital yesterday Nov8. So its been challenging to adapt and not to hurt your hip. Dont cross your feet, Dont bend or reach or twist. If something falls on the floor Dont pick it up
Have a very successful surgery. I had n epidural block and Im super happy with the results. You come out quicker without any side effects staying in your body from general anesthesia. Actually the anesthesioligist are promoting this method of regional which is the epidural with s block.Amaxing your back doesnt even hurt. They inject on the nerves. I was up right away. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings. Much Love, From Gretelin

JKWHIPPIE

Country
Welcome to the group! I had THR on Nov 5th in Denver, CO. Also looking forward to getting back to my active and adventurous life at age 63! Long bike rides, hikes, adventure travel Same block and anesthesia as above. I was so lucid after surgery that I had a long conversation with the recovery room nurse! My advice to you 4 days post surgery: (lots of which I've gotten from this forum!) Patience is so important. It's going to hurt to move. Take time to rest and nap. Let people help you. Ice, Ice, Ice. Elevate. Eat well and drink lots of water.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@Gretelin and @JKWHIPPIE

POLITE REMINDER:
The monthly surgery lists are essentially just a list of people having surgery in that month.
Being a team member will allow you to share your questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another support and encouragement; vent, whine, and shed some tears, if necessary; and have some fun and laughs together. However, please use your own pre op threads for these conversations. This thread is not for pre-op updates, chatter, or questions.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 11.png

@brookeo and @Kzena615 ,,

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
AliMatt
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom