Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

2019 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!

header 1.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and we will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 November 2019 4cats1home, Chrismcd
05 November 2019 Mutwa, Harpcat, Seasnail, Gretelin, JKWHIPPIE, Kk1118
07 November 2019 Jmpotions
11 November 2019 Noel310, brookeo (Bilateral), gavinmac
13 November 2019 leeja, ritabell, nancyjo
14 November 2019 Akgrl123
18 November 2019 aja8888, Eman85 (his second)
19 November 2019 LynnSW, tessa, Somsteve
21 November 2019 Funnypug, gianni, Anniec19, MESP
22 November 2019 Sawyer, Noel310
25 November 2019 Dmcfad2, Dhall. GermanQueen
26 November 2019 BigDogMom (Bilateral), beachy34, Boneyfi
27 November 2019 Crooklyn (Bilaterals)
30 November 2019 FiremanSam

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
BoneSmart

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
Nov 55.jpg
@Anniec19, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
@Annie19 ... we're here to answer questions and address any concerns you may have about your upcoming surgery. You might want to start a thread in our Hip Pre-Op forum to discuss how things are going for you leading up to surgery.

Mutwa

Country
November 5. Posterior.

Decided to go with it when told that ceramic on plastic now lasts 30 years. I am 67.

Paul

OP
OP
BoneSmart

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
Nov 1.jpg
@Mutwa, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Dhall

Country
Surgery set for November 25th. I will be happy to be pain free from my hip. I'll have to work on the knee next, I suppose. One thing at a time.

aja8888

Country
I'm scheduled for 11/18, but for the last month + the hip area pain has been reduced to just a small annoyance. I'm guessing the arthritis is the real issue as the XRay did not show any bone on bone, only a few small bone spurs. I'm considering cancelling the surgery as I have been walking 10,000 - 15,000 steps per day for a good while now. I am 76 and had the other hip replaced 11 years ago.

I don't know what to do about this.....maybe wait until things get worse....or maybe they won't and I can just live with minor arthritic pain?

BigDogMom

Country
Hi, I am having bi lateral hip replacement on 11/26. It seems lik that since I committed to the surgery my hips are really painful

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 55.jpg

@BigDogMom, @aja8888 ,
you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Last edited:

BigDogMom

Country
Hi. I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement 11/26. I’m nervous, but really looking forward to getting back to being able to live and move without pain

Pumpkln

Country
Nov 1.jpg

@Noel310 , you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Pumpkln

Country
Nov 55.jpg

@Sawyer ,
you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Harpcat

Country
My surgery is Nov. 5. I have hip dysplasia and a torn labrum. Am wanting to get back to normal walking, hiking, dancing. Nervous about the pain.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 33.jpg
@Harpcat ,
You have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Dhall

Country
My OS told me that I would not have staples or stitches. My incision will be glued! Is that normal? Also, they said I could sleep on my unaffected side with a pillow between my legs. I have trouble sleeping on my back due to the previous 10 back surgeries. Has anyone been able to sleep on their side after THR?

Harpcat

Country
My surgeon told me I can sleep with a pillow between my legs on the unaffected side as well. I was thrilled. He laughed and said, if my prosthesis dislocates that easily, then I'm not very good. So meaning yes it’s ok. Just keep the hips and legs aligned.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nov 69.jpg
@Dhall ,
You have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JeremiahD
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom