Guest viewing is limited

2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

@millie4162, when you have an exact date for your surgery, let me know here and I will put you on the July surgery list.

Hi. I am having an aspiration on 1st July to make sure no infection present then surgery will follow depending on the results. Don’t know how long after they do it ? Fed up of the waiting around !!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 2019 J-nice. Gilmergirl, Onestepatatime (revision)
05 July 2019 5liberty
08 July 2019 rollickcsp, Fiona444. Elf1, ssbluewolf
10 July 2019 julesglass, SelfHelp, Aditi
15 July 2019 Hipster64
16 July 2019 Bergame
22 July 2019 Sparkly
29 July 2019 enoughpain
 
Hello and welcome! @Gilmergirl Many of us understand that pain that comes on suddenly and being so nervous! That was me 4 years ago and now I am back facing the other hip to be replaced. You have hit the mother lode of information. Take your time and read the wonderful threads and articles and hopefully you will feel more at peace about your surgery. Your surgery is one day before mine! :happydance:
 
Thank you! Good to know about a motherlode of info! Best of luck on your second surgery! What did you find to be the hardest part of recovery? Did you have anterior or posterior?
 
@Gilmergirl :wave: the hardest part?? Of the first surgery? The waiting!! I was in such pain and was attempting to continue to work. I thought I'd never get to the starting gate, but I did and my recovery was smooth sailing. I sure hope I have a repeat performance. I'm getting this second hop done earlier in the stages.. it's plenty sore and achey, but nothing like the first one. No sense fighting that battle again!
I made sure to have everything in my home set up for an easy recovery- a lift chair, toilet riser, long handled back brush to help wash my legs and feet, a shower chair to help me step into my tub because it's a tub/shower combo, that sort of thing. There's a thread that lists some of the handy aides to help on this site.. Good to have you on board! We need to get you a signature with your surgery date.. I'm sure somebody will be around to do that soon. If you'd like, you can go to your profile page and add the info yourself, but only if you are tech savvy and it doesn't stress you. :ok:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Fiona444, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Aditi, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Goodbye July Sparklers! I'm now in the June que up.. but am rooting for all of you!! :fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Hello: I am undergoing a right hip replacement on July 15. and plan to have the left one done 6-12 weeks later. My surgery was moved up from August 19 because my right hip is in such pain. The left hip looks worse on the xrays than the right one-go figure! Anyway, I am looking forward to reclaiming my life and mobility back ASAP. Thank you for the support!
 
After reading others' stories and learning so much over the past several years (thank you everyone!), I have made the leap and am scheduled for a right THR (anterior) on July 29. I researched my surgeon and have great confidence in his abilities, but I'm already questioning my decision. The surgeon assured me that my x-rays definitely justified surgery, however I keep wondering if I'm doing this too soon. While there are some days when I feel that the surgery date can't come soon enough, there are other days when the pain is mild. I look forward to hearing the stories from my July companions who will go before me.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Hipster64, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@enoughpain, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@bottomshollow can you please add me to July Sparklers - 8 July right THR. Was originally in June but surgery was cancelled that morning due to OS having accident on way in. Thanks!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Elf1, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello, I am new to the group. Im, 47 and have my R THR scheduled for July 8 bright and early at 5:30am. I am very nervous, yet excited at the same time due to excruciating pain; looking forward to long needed relief!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@ssbluewolf, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm so excited to have my Left THA on Monday, I cannot wait to take a step without feeling like I'm walking on a pike!! I'll post in the post-OP forum on Monday or Tuesday, best of luck to all of the July sparklers!! <3
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Gilmergirl, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2019 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Onestepatatime, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom