2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Hi, I'm having TKR on July 18, 2017. I am very nervous about the pain after!!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 Mizen (RPKR), az_postal
04 July 2017 golfnwench
05 July 2017 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
07 July 2017 Iknit. janio
11 July 2017 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi, Lauriec620 (revision), Ajmdd6
12 July 2017 GrammieT, labbieb
13 July 2017 RoseB137 (bilateral), MacGail
17 July 2017 jboles, bkish (her second)
18 July 2017 qwilter (her second), Thesoutherncook (her second), mermaid44, mommalinda
19 July 2017 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 2017 Happydale (her second)
24 July 2017 mbtb6282, JJ65
25 July 2017 shirley907
26 July 2017 Jenn1007 (bilateral), kelli
28 July 2017 pegasys80
29 July 2017 Deb7245
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@mermaid44, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, another newbie here. I was supposed to be having a partial right knee in September/October but now it transpires that I'm in for a partial (with a very low threshold for a total) on 29 July!

I haven't stopped shaking since I got the letter about an hour ago, so I'm off for a cup of tea and a lie down now :dubious:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Deb7245, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Newbie here! Sched for TKR on July 24th..so nervous!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@mbtb6282, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, another newbie here. I was supposed to be having a partial right knee in September/October but now it transpires that I'm in for a partial (with a very low threshold for a total) on 29 July!

I haven't stopped shaking since I got the letter about an hour ago, so I'm off for a cup of tea and a lie down now :dubious:
Thinking of you! We're here for ya!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie here! Sched for TKR on July 24th..so nervous!
We're here for You! (I had mine today and I worried waaaaaay too much beforehand!) It's normal to be apprehensive. Thinking of you as you prepare!
 
Thank you
Welcome @lknit, Friday is fast approaching ! Being a nurse who coordinates care for this surgery must have its plusses and minuses. You know exactly what to expect. And you KNOW exactly what to expect! I will have you in my good thoughts this week. I'm not far behind you. My surgery is on the 11th.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Thank You! Mine was today. Can't sleep, too wired. I worried a lot, and now I see I didn't need to be so nervous, but it's normal. We're here for you!!:wave:
 
Thank you. Went well so far. ;)
 
Hi everyone! My RTKR is scheduled for July 18th & I'm pretty nervous, but also excited! Trying to keep my eye on the prize! I was originally scheduled for June 19, but iron was too low so they rescheduled. I've been taking iron and eating iron rich foods! Good luck to all of you with upcoming surgeries!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@mommalinda, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you for the welcome! I can't find the post new thread option at either the top or the bottom of the page
 
oops. I found it. I guess you have to be on the main page...I'm learning! Thanks again! :)
 
Hi, I'm having TKR on July 18, 2017. I am very nervous about the pain after!!
Hi! I will be having mine done on the 18th also....I have a lot of anxiety about it too, but trying to keep focused and keep my eyes on the prize! I wish you the best!
 
Another new member. My surgery is July 26 for a full knee replacement on my left knee. So glad to have found this site... need all the positive support and encouragement I can get!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@kelli, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Scheduled for July 24th for TKR ... nervous having second thoughts... is this normal?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@JJ65, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Being nervous and having second thoughts is totally natural----but keep you chin up and get 'er done!

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Back
Top Bottom