Guest viewing is limited

2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

I've added you to the list, @Mizen

July Sparklers
03 July 17 Mizen (LPKR)
11 July 17 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
19 July 17 Pipt (Revision)
20 July 17 Happydale (her second)
26 July 17 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 17 pegasys80
 
Hi, I'm new to the forum. My surgery is July 5th. I'm schedule for cleanup (remove fluid, loose bodies and add a screw) or TKR. I won't know which one until I wake up. Over a month away and I'm already very nervous.

Laura
1. Right arthroscopy - Meniscus - October 1980
2. Right arthroscopy - ACL- September 1999
3. Right arthroscopy - Meniscus and ACL - July 2003
4. Right Partial Knee - April 2008
5. Right Knee -- Upcoming 5 July 2017 - cleanup (remove fluid, loose bodies and add a screw) or TKR
 
Hello @mousiee216 - I've added you to the July list. It sounds to me as if it's time to have that TKR, or seek a second opinion. Your right knee has had more than enough surgeries. If you start a thread in the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area (below) we can give you more advice.

July Sparklers
03 July 17 Mizen (LPKR)
05 July 17 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
11 July 17 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
19 July 17 Pipt (Revision)
20 July 17 Happydale (her second)
26 July 17 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 17 pegasys80
 
Hi everyone, I'm having my first TKR on July 19 on the right, with my left TKR to follow as soon as possible afterwards. Looking forward to commiserating with you all.
 
Welcome to the July Sparklers club, MsBurry! I wouldn't call it "commiserate", let's just say "support". I went thru this with my right knee last summer and I found I was celebrating more than complaining because each recovery milestone was SO exciting. And I was thrilled when my BoneSmartie friends showed little improvements. So I'm along with you for the ride! My surgery is the day after yours. [emoji847]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome, @MsBurry . I've added you to the July Sparklers.

July Sparklers
03 July 17 Mizen (LPKR)
05 July 17 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
11 July 17 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
19 July 17 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 17 Happydale (her second)
26 July 17 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 17 pegasys80
 
You're on the list now, @az_postal . Best wishes.

July Sparklers

03 July 17 Mizen (LPKR), az_postal
05 July 17 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
11 July 17 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
19 July 17 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 17 Happydale (her second)
26 July 17 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 17 pegasys80
 
Hi all, just found this forum today. I'm scheduled for July 4th...I guess that's a clue that I'm in Canada, as you will all be celebrating with real sparklers on the 4th! My surgery is right after our Canada Day holiday weekend. TKR on the left knee.
My sugeon was the first in NA to do the Oxford Knee Replacement, that's why I went to him, but I'm not a candidate...I need TKR in both, but the left is much worse than the right.
I'm looking forward to finding some pre-op strengthening ideas, and some comforting, as I'm just a bit scared that it won't be better
 
Welcome to our Sparklers Club, @golfnwench & @az postal! Golfnwench, I'm not sure if you mean that you're scared your knee won't be better after surgery? If so, not to worry! I've seen really big percentages of knee replacement surgery patients who are happy with the outcome at a year post op. I think it's 95%. And you can see how many BoneSmarties are having their second knee replaced, myself included, because the outcome on the first was worth the recovery process.
 
I've been toying with the idea of having a knee surgery for a few years now… and now my surgery is scheduled for July 3. I'm excited, anxious, and scared all at the same time! It's gotten to the point where my knee is unstable some of the time. Like when I step out of the car… And I'm a letter carrier for the USPS so I'm in and out of my vehicle quite a bit. I'm afraid I'm going to fall and I'll have a lot more worry about than my knee! I must say, I have been enlightened, encouraged, and made optimistic by what I read on this site
 
Welcome, @golfnwench . I've added you to the July Sparklers list.

July Sparklers
03 July 17 Mizen (LPKR), az_postal
04 July 17 golfnwench
05 July 17 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
11 July 17 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
19 July 17 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 17 Happydale (her second)
26 July 17 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 17 pegasys80
 
For those on this page that are having a 2nd TKR - can you give me some advice on good pre-op excercises and/or prep work? I hope to benefit from your, "If I knew then, what I know now....I would have done this...."
Thank you
 
@golfnwench, I asked my surgeon about pre-op exercises for my last surgery and he told me not to bother - that based on surveys of past patients, it didn't seem to make a difference. So I didn't do much. This time I'm doing some of the quad exercises - such as lying on my back with knees bent and slowly raising and lowering one leg at a time. Having strong quads will help you when you need to swing your leg up into the bed. It is a thrill when you can accomplish that without assistance from the leg lifter. (Get one of those to be ready - it's just a strap with a loop at the end for your foot).
 
You could do upper-body exercises - for the first few weeks, it's an advantage to have strong arms.
 
Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 Mizen (LPKR), az_postal
04 July 2017 golfnwench
05 July 2017 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
11 July 2017 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi
18 July 2017 qwilter (her second)
19 July 2017 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 2017 Happydale (her second)
26 July 2017 Jenn1007 (Bilateral)
28 July 2017 pegasys80
 
Left TKR on July 18. Yeah I'll be done no more legs to do! Concerned this time due to the Vagus leg and releasing of the ligament. Previous surgery was such a non event I should have known!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@qwilter, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Back
Top Bottom