Guest viewing is limited

2016 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've been dealing with hip pain for four and a half years. I'm 47 years old with hip dysplasia and have my first replacement scheduled for September 7th. I can't wait to be able to do so many things again without hurting!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hello 2badhips! I have my RTHR in two days tome yikes! (mon 5th Sept). Looking forward to recovery, walking without pain etc. Opted for a general, what are you getting a spinal or the same?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[Bonesmart.org] 2016 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 16 calebj06 (hip arthroscopy), SwimGirl
02 September 16 Reflex, Tortmad
05 September 16 SEA
07 September 16 2badhips
12 September 16 Char59
14 September 16 jaymo
16 September 16 OUCH!
19 September 16 Travelhawg
27 September 16 Geordy
27 September 16 BusterBeans
29 September 16 Miss Muffet, McDeeva (revision)
 
My day has come I've put off 3 times I'm so scarred , will be going in teatime and pray to God all goes well , Good Luck to you all and God Bless
Kind Regards Angie
 
:phone:@Char59 hope you are feeling ok today you are on the other side! Blessings sent your way:prayer:
 
I have been so busy getting my kids settled in school and then getting my ducks in a row for surgery friday that I haven't been able to post much. eek so close! I considered putting it off, but yesterday was awful. So much pain. How is everyone else!
 
@OUCH! hi darling, you"ll be fine on Friday. I was a freaking abit the night before, but keep thinking of the pain you are going through now and the limping! They will be gone! You have a different kind of pain and just follow this forum with the recovery mantas and you will be fine. I had no idea what to expect, I am so grateful for this site and their advice. I am doing well, trying to find the most comfiest of positions I can to sleep on my back. I have rolled up soft blankets, pillows and if you can, invest in a V pillow. My. Husband gives me the fragmin injects each night, I get him involved and I drink lots of water. My bathroom is upstairs so I tend not to do too many of the excercises as always using the stairs to the loo! Listen to your own body. Besides I am only on day 7 of my RTHR op. I hope to get my LTHR in a couple of years. keep us posted how you get and know we are all here for you! Blessings sent your way!:loll::welome::wowspring::dancy:
 
@SEA thank you! It sounds like you are doing great! I really appreciate the encouragement!
 
Yes thank you. Had a nap just now it's afternoon here. Before the hip op, never dreamt much, now had some weird ones! Guess it must be the painkillers (paracetamol & codeine) keep well and good luck again for get your life back Friday! :martini:
 
@McDeeva First if I am not mistaken we share a birthday today, Sept. 23rd so Happy Birthday!
Secondly, I will be wishing you the best of luck on your revision Sept. 29th. Now that you have been
through it before this should be a breeze. Thoughts and prayers for you!
 
@BusterBeans I wish you the best of luck and success in your upcoming surgery on Sept. 27th. After
all that you have all ready gone thru this is sure to be an easier recovery. You have been so supportive
of me when I went through my hip surgery and it meant so much. Thoughts and prayers sent your way!
 
@Miss Muffet Thinking of you and sending prayers for your upcoming surgery on Sept. 29th! Let us know about your recovery and we will be here for you post op! God Bless!
 
Ah thank you so much @SwimGirl, that's really kind. There's a great sister/brotherhood on here which we all love! I see you're halfway through being levelled up (like me) and will be following up close with Hip #2 next month. I'm pretty prolific updating my threads once I get going - the only real gap has been the 5-month hiatus between the two surgeries, but I simply cannot stay away from BS for long. It's a bit like a club (or should that be drug?). Where else would you get such fantastic support from fellow Smarties - and the professionals on here - who never fail us? We turn the corner into your month at the end of this week, so you can commence your next countdown :friends:
 
Ha! Ha! You are right @Miss Muffet! This is a club where you can belong and know that others are
right there with you as you go from one surgery to the next! Thank goodness for the professionals who give us support and direction when we are in need. Funny to describe being halfway through
as levelled up! Best description ever! Indeed that is exactly what it is! So, here I go again! By the way,
I think you were very smart to wait in between surgeries. Gives the body time to recoup from mainly
the energy drain. Again, Good luck and am waiting to hear from you post op!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom