2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheduled for right THR Monday October 17. Anxious to get it over with and begin healing. At least I think I am.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
03 October 16 chatterz (her second)
08 October 16 CarieM (her second)
10 October 16 Heidisin
11 October 15 shirleyH (her second)
12 October 16 Scared
14 October 16 sinijoma
15 October 16 Demidiaz54 (her first)
17 October 16 Cristina (bilateral), Lil Sis
18 October 16 blawson
19 October 16 PDH63 (his second)
24 October 16 Postalgal
25 October 16 tamra
27 October 16 gertie, SwimGirl (her second), Krista (revision)
31 October 16 Horseylady (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@Lil Sis, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello all! :sos::rolleyes:
I am scheduled for a LTHipR October 24th! I just came upon this site and will be checking frequently. I go this Tuesday for assessment and even a class with my coach (Hubby and grand-daughter).

I see where people have went to the Dentist to get "clear". I have a little spot that when cold hits it, between my teeth it sort of says HELLO. Should I go get this checked??

Nervous of course, I slid on black ice 6 years ago, didn't fall, but they say the blood flow was messed up then, and I did a real split fall down my stair case a couple of years ago, which added of course. It is this year now, I am limited to what I can do, and as I was a doer, I guess you say I have cried Uncle! :bawl:

Hope to gain and share info as I/we go through this life changing adventure to regain our lives back. I am very determined to get this done and behind me. Hugs to all!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@Postalgal, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi everyone
You might remember me when I had my left TKR back in June 2013 and I've been in and out over the last few years with help and advice from you all.
I am now scheduled for my left THR on 31st October :yes!: so I will be back!

Alison x
 
Hi @HorseyLady - wasn't on here back in 2013, but rarely off for most of this year! You've had a lot of work done by the looks of things. You're a little bit ahead of my second surgery so on the final countdown (I've got an App on my phone which reminds me how long I have to wait - cannot come soon enough) How do you feel about your THR? I can't see the details on your signature - which has to be one of the longest. Best wishes :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@HorseyLady, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you @bottomshollow and @Miss Muffet . I am now busy reading up on information and recovery threads as it all came about very quickly :heehee: and my current worry is what to wear in the hospital and what I can manage to put on!

I will make sure I set up my thread before 31st!
 
Hi @HorseyLady - I arrived and left hospital in the same clothes.
Zip up top, teashirt and pull on wide-legged jogging bottoms (a size bigger than my norm - more comfortable) Bridget Jones knickers (from M&S) again in a size larger, slip on sensible shoes which the Physio will approve of. Some people recommend Sketchers, but as I've got teeny tiny fee I cannot get them in my size (unless I buy children's and I don't really fancy flashing light heels). I took my own nightie and dressing gown. Do you want my hospital packing list? I'll wing it over if you'd find that helpful :cheers:
 
Yes please @Miss Muffet ! I would love to see your hospital packing list as that should help me focus.

Been to M&S today and got some large soft knickers (Definitely Bridget Jones!) that go up to my waist and beyond lol. The Total Hip Replacement booklet from my hospital says bring a skirt :yikes: but no this won't be happening! Good idea with joggers though!
 
I had a knee personal thread called Getting Back in the Saddle but I haven't created a new hip thread yet. Are you able to send me a private message so it goes in my Inbox? Or shall I create a new thread in Pre Op? I am not sure of the right "protocol" and I can't remember :snork:
 
@HorseyLady Yes Alison - spotted that but I think your 'old' thread has withered over time as I couldn't post on it. Will send you the list, but suggest you do create a new thread in preOp. Be prepared before your Op to start a postOp thread, say a day ahead, of going into hospital. Much easier to have it ready to post on to. A lot of folk do (me included, see mine below) Then when you create it add your surgery details to your list and save. Be in touch
 
Oct 25th .. right HTR .. hoping for pain relief and able to walk longer distances again.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@tamra, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Had my RTHR on October 15th. Scheduled for January 22, 2017 LTHR. I thought I prepared, I feel that I didn't do enough. In a lot of pain. Glad to had found this Bonesmart!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@Demidiaz54, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty! Be sure and sign up for the January list when it goes up.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom