2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting my 2nd THR , Left , on 19th of October .
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
03 October 16 chatterz (her second)
08 October 16 CarieM (her second)
10 October 16 Heidisin
11 October 15 shirleyH (her second)
12 October 16 Scared
14 October 16 sinijoma
17 October 16 Cristina (bilateral)
18 October 16 blawson
19 October 16 PDH63 (his second)
27 October 16 gertie, SwimGirl (her second), Krista (revision)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@PDH63, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@sinijoma, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello!
I am scheduled for bilateral anterior hip replacement on October 17. Will be traveling to Emory University in Atlanta for the surgery. Becoming more nervous as the date draws nearer.......Cristina
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@Cristina, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Had my right hip replaced April of last year and knew I'd be doing the left hip at some point. Well, spousal unit wanted a divorce and since it takes 6 months for that to be finalized, I've decided to go ahead with the left hip while I'm waiting. Had to clear it with the lawyers and the soon-to-be ex, but my RTHR is scheduled for Oct. 3rd. I'm not looking forward to this, but I am so grateful that I know what to expect and can get everything ready beforehand. I credit the success I had last time with all the information I gleaned from this wonderful site.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@SwimGirl, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@chatterz, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am finally here, officially announcing that I'll be having hip surgery on October 27. My original RTHR was in July, 2015, and I never recovered properly from it. Eventually it was discovered that I have a severe gluteal tear that did not heal on its own, and caused constant pain and a limp, so that needs to be repaired. A second surgeon will be doing exploratory surgery at the same time, checking to see if anything else is wrong, and to change the size of the ball, which is too small causing a leg length differential. This surgery has been cancelled twice, once by the surgeons, and the other time by me after I recently had a compression fracture in my T11. Had a balloon kyphoplasty. That whole spine thing was more painful and difficult than my THR. So I have been through the wringer for the past 14 months. Can't wait for this surgery! I would dance if I could!

I see that I will be surgical twins with @SwimGirl!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@Krista, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank-you, @bottomshollow! I've been posting in the recovery forum for 8 months now, and I'm getting plenty of support there. I've read all the pre-op articles, and practically the whole library, and found the info to be very helpful. If you think it would be helpful to others for me to post in the pre-op forum, I'd be happy to do so, but otherwise I think I am fine.
 
@Krista Yes! We will be surgical twins!!!! Wow! You have had a lot going on for certain! I pray that this
time around the surgery will be successful for you! You have had to wait too long for sure! Anytime
I feel sorry for myself that I have to go through surgery again, all I have to do is look around BS and realize that
I am in good company! No one here is ever alone!!! On the morning of my surgery I will be praying for
you as we will be in the same boat. We are joined at the hip, so to speak! Good Luck and we will stay in touch!
 
I will have you in my thoughts on Oct 27, @SwimGirl! We can compare notes and cheer each other on. I tend to be kind of incoherent post-op, but will try my hardest to post here, giving support to you and the other October Feisties!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@blawson, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Looking forward to getting my left hip replacement just five months after the right one. Roll on being back to fitness :-)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@shirleyH, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom