Aura Gypsy
junior member
- Joined
- Feb 6, 2020
- Messages
- 37
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Australia
Thank you for all your support .
@Westy yes I’m sure nickel allergies effect lots of people. I’m just glad I was aware of it before I had my replacement and was able to do allergy tests on prosthetic parts .....info that was important for the surgeon. Your poor little fingers ......ouch !
Didn’t manage a shower or sponge bath today.....maybe tomorrow. My dressing was changed and is looking pretty good. I’ll attach some photos of the spacer soon. At the beginning of my journey I found it really difficult to find info and pics on cement spacers etc so I hope my journey will help someone else as all yours have helped me.
@Celle yes it is somewhat reduced......I’m definitely taking it gentle. I usually show the nurses a quick photo and let them hear the creaky sounds so they don’t try to overdo me ha ha. I wish I could squirt oil into it.
Thanks @Melina and @Izabel
Lots of love
@Westy yes I’m sure nickel allergies effect lots of people. I’m just glad I was aware of it before I had my replacement and was able to do allergy tests on prosthetic parts .....info that was important for the surgeon. Your poor little fingers ......ouch !
Didn’t manage a shower or sponge bath today.....maybe tomorrow. My dressing was changed and is looking pretty good. I’ll attach some photos of the spacer soon. At the beginning of my journey I found it really difficult to find info and pics on cement spacers etc so I hope my journey will help someone else as all yours have helped me.
@Celle yes it is somewhat reduced......I’m definitely taking it gentle. I usually show the nurses a quick photo and let them hear the creaky sounds so they don’t try to overdo me ha ha. I wish I could squirt oil into it.
Thanks @Melina and @Izabel
Lots of love




Good update, though it just boggles my mind why it takes a patient literally falling out before the nurses and physios take notice. Glad they finally realized they needed to back off and give you time.