Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thumbs up for you jenb!! Excellent pictures and report - we match too though I don't have a copy of my x-rays :)
 
That is awesome Jen! I had my post op today and can drive too so watch out, us hipsters are on the go!
 
Where has that six weeks gone @jenb - great report, nice looking hardware xx
 
Great news Jen b! I'm so glad for you after all you've been through. You also give me hope that I might be doing ok 6 weeks post op after just one hip replacement. Here's hoping youll have an easy recovery henceforward. Do be careful now that restrictions have been lifted. x
 
That's awesome and I'm glad for you Jen. Today marks my third week sense my RTHP and so far so good..
 
@jenb hi there! Just popping in to see how you're doing! Hope you were able to get outside this past weekend and enjoy the bit of warmish weather we had. I actually went out Saturday night to our favorite bar and grill and the place was packed! Seemed like everyone was glad to be out. Well, hope you're doing fine. Send an update when you can. Peggy ;) xo
 
Hi. Once again I've been slacking in updates. This recovery has not been easy to say the least. I've been in/out of the ER several times since my last post. I'm still having issues due to this pulmonary embolism - breathing, high heart rate, chest pain, weak, and very tired all the time. Pt for my hips has been on/off because of the heart issues. They won't treat me with such a high heart rate. So here I am 9 weeks post-op still on crutches & falling way behind where I should be. To add to all this, a very dear friend of mine died suddenly last week and I'm heartbroken. It's been way too much for one person & just trying to get by day by day. I hope all of you are recovery better than I am!!!
 
Don't worry about slacking @jenb...we are here waiting when you are ready to post....glad to hear from you but wishing your recovery was moving along better for you.....hopefully things will start to improve for you very soon and you can get those hips moving. Thinking of you..Chrissie xxx
 
So here I am 9 weeks post-op still on crutches & falling way behind where I should be.
@jenb you "shouldn't be" anywhere my friend. Every recovery is different and with all you are dealing with I think you are doing GREAT! Just keep moving as your OS said. You'll get there. My recovery was measured in years not weeks.

My sincerest condolences about your friend. I too lost a dear friend 2 weeks ago. Hope you have some happy memories to comfort you.
 
So very sorry to hear about your loss, @jenb ... and please don't worry about where you "should be" in your recovery, you are doing just fine, and things will get better. **Hugs**
 
So glad to hear from you. Sorry about your friend and the difficulties you are going through. Sometimes all we can hold onto is the fact that time is a healer, for the body and the soul. Sending hugs. Take care. Peggy xo
 
Jen sorry to hear about your friend, that's certainly not helping with
everything you are going thru.
as far as your PT and recovery, if i were to reiterate what has been said
here many many times, i don't think the lack of PT is going to really harm
anything, and many feel PT is not really needed, that really all you need
is time. so relax, don't push things, they will come along as time permits.
keep your head up, brighter days are ahead, and before you know it you
will be walking on a nice spring nite enjoying the weather.
snowing here again, :(
 
Just wanted to say- hang in there, be kind to yourself, things WILL get better
 
@jenb I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. As everyone has said, please don't worry about where everyone else is, just focus on yourself and let nature take its course. As Josephine says over Andover all hips really need is walking and rest and they will take care of themselves. It will all work out for you dear!
 
@jenb ...........just catching up on you.....you had the posterior, I had the anterior, but I have been in so much pain. I am so very limited to drugs because of allergies that I haven't had any peace at all. I have never been a drug person either, rarely even had a headache, then in 2010 the pain started and hasn't stopped. I have lived with this pain, but THIS pain is different. I wanted so hard to be the "happy march musketeer", Please! What I wouldn't give to be able to take a hydrocodone right now, any odone that wouldn't kill me and just give me a little escape. You seem to be doing well now 6 weeks out, I am having staples out Thursday after a 2 1/2 hour ride to the drs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom