Guest viewing is limited

TKR 10 weeks out

Saw OS today. Said I'm doing well, can go back to work in a couple weeks. Don't need anymore PT. Have not needed pain meds for several weeks. I still have some twinges, they said that's normal-takes time.

When I went into this, my ex was very ill with cancer, staying with my daughter. Might not have been the best timing, but I wanted to get it behind me and be available when needed. Sadly, he died 12/30. I was able to be their for the kids, have a house full of company and help care for my 5 month old granddaughter. It all worked out-may he rest in peace.
 
I am so very sorry and saddened to read of your husband's passing, and I will keep you and your family in my prayers for comfort.

It is great, though, to read of your success and your no further need of pain meds or PT!!! You are doing quite well!!

I still have some twinges, they said that's normal-takes time.
Yes, those twinges will slowly subside---it does indeed take some time, but eventually, they go bye-bye!
 
@katiek3451, I'm sorry to hear of your ex's death, but it sounds like you were recovered enough to be there for your family. I'm six months out from my first knee and still have "twinges" on the outside of my knee, but only when going down stairs. It's more of an annoyance than anything and that's the only time I feel it. I continue to do my post-surgery exercises and now go to the gym three times a week, so I'm sure time will heal that pesky "twinge." Continued good luck to you!
 
I’m ten weeks out with my second knee. The main pain I have is behind my knee! Anyone else? I have full extension. Just bugging me.

I also have hip bursitis on the opposite side from compensating for the weak knee presurgery. Any suggestions? Thanks.
 
The back of my knee hurt from day one of recovery. I have a Baker's cyst there too. At three months post op my PT started doing light ultra sound on the BACK of my knee, and I don’t know if it was coincidence or the ultra sound but after two times my pain is considerably better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@katiek3451 I've moved your post into you old thread though now I see it, I see it 2 years old! Sorry about that but it actually might help you!

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
don't overwork.​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

The Recovery articles:
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?

Energy drain for TKRs

Elevation is the key

Ice to control pain and swelling

Heel slides and how to do them properly

Chart representation of TKR recovery

Healing: how long does it take?

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

There are also some cautionary articles here
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.



I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Hello @katiek3451 - and :welome: back with your second TKR

Please will you tell us the full date of your this replacement and which knee it is, so we can add it to your signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom