THR BeachGal is back! #2 Done!

:sad: I'm so sorry, beachgal! I took a covid test the day after Thanksgiving when I awoke with a killer throat but no fever. (Thankfully, it was negative.) Relieved that your hip is unaffected, but this high a fever must be as miserable as it is worrisome. Keep us posted, please. :loveshwr:

I’m so sorry to hear how ill you’ve been. I hope the antibiotics kick in and you feel better soon.

Hello BG……haven’t been on for awhile and just read about your not so great experience after Thanksgiving…..Uggg sounds unpleasant and I’m sure a little scary too. Sure hope by now it’s much much better or gone hopefully! I also have that diverticulosis stuff and it sure isn’t anything to take lightly, as I’ve had one bad episode and it was baaaaad…..so hope your meds knocked it out. We’ve been out with our travel trailer for a week so I’m feeling a little beat up from activity I’m not used to but not bad and well worth the change of scenery. I imagine you and hubby are thick in the middle of fun stuff with new place. It’s so dang great to get back to normal life (almost) and get on with it! Sure love reading about all the success stories here, with yours coming along so smoothly and mine too, yes we have so very much to be thankful for. And I sure am! Hope you post soon….

Happy Holidays to the sweetest, most caring and thoughtful group of hippies ever! I have been on a “journey” not at all anticipated but I think I see the light at the end! Wow!

When I last updated my thread, we had spent Thanksgiving with my extended family and I was sick that night. We drove back to the coast the next day while my fever rose and tummy gnarled. Dr prescribed antibiotic for what he thought was a mild case of diverticulitis. After three days, the fever was still present but tummy issues had settled down. I had been assisting the tummy stuff with fiber, loads of water, hot chicken broth, and no carbs or starchy foods. So, that sorted out.

After a week of low grade fever, on & off, my GP wanted to do some lab work in his office so I dragged myself down and they drew blood. The next day all tests returned negative but my fever continued. I saw him later that day and he told me we needed to look deeper for a cause of the fever. Asked me if I was HIV+, ever had mono, etc. no, no, nada. More tests ordered at hospital so I went directly there from his office. I had another chest X-ray, urine specimen, and eight vials of blood drawn.

Two days later, urine abd chest X-ray were ok. By this time, I was only spiking fever once a day. The next day, the blood work tests that they had results were all negative. After that, my fever stopped. Just like that. About 15 days, then gone.

No tree trimmed. No decorations. No baking done. I visually peeled off the daily calendar as my easy and fun days of the holidays evaporated. But I have my health back and hip was not affected at all. I’m still getting my energy and my appetite back. I’ve worked a few days last week and this. The remainder of this year will be low key and we’ll plan some lunches at our favorite restaurants to make it feel like a treat!

For all of you who have posted and checked on me, please know how much I appreciated them and how awful I must have felt not to muster up a reply. You are all so dear.

Let’s all celebrate the remainder of 2022 with thankfulness and anticipate those lovely walks, hikes, travel, and such in store for 2023!
:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:

Wow, beachgal, you've had a rough time! I am sorry you felt so horrible and had to go through so much poking and prodding.Thankfully all blood results and tests were favorable and you're back on track. I hope you're able to enjoy the holiday season and many blessings in the New Year!
@beachgal
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

@beachgal Drat it is miserable to be sick at any time and even worse around the holidays! I am glad to hear you are feeling better! There are some weird flus going around this year ... hopefully what ever was going on for you is nw safely in the past.

Happy holidays to you and your family!:presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
:santa-dance:

@beachgal, oh no! I knew you'd had a Mystery Bug but never dreamed it would last so long and require so many tests. At least it's gone and you can rest up. Don't fret over the holiday prep that couldn't be done, ok? God gets it!!! Simple Christmases can be so comforting and peaceful. May you and your family feel the hope and joy of the season...and feel well! :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

I hope you have a fever free relaxing Christmas and a wonderful 2023!

Sometimes I think these hiccups are meant to slow us down a bit and, with fever, no one feels like doing anything.

We both got our Covid #3 boosters yesterday and hubby is feeling a few side effects this morning. Nice fire going, sunny but bonechilling temps down south so might be a good day for a pot of veggie soup.

:snow::snow:

Nothing like a hot pot of soup[ on a chilly day!
Hope you feel better sooner than later and just relax and enjoy the day, the hustle bustle of the season is just crazy.
All my best for the New Year.

So sorry to hear you've been ailing! I'm sure this crazy weather doesn't help any. Watch out for falling iguanas -- or are they just in Florida? Hope you enjoy a quiet, stress-free Christmas.

@beachgal Goodness, girl! Your mystery illness sounds perplexing and worrisome. Glad you are bouncing back now, though.

Nothing like an illness to give us some perspective, right?

Wishing you a lovely holiday season and a Happy New Year.

PS. We are headed to the gulf side of Florida soon, please bump up the thermostat down there? :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:

Please?
:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

@beachgal happy to hear you're getting better and all your tests came back normal. I believe you're right that the body just sometimes wants us to slow down and does weird things to make that happen. Have a Merry Christmas and hope your 2023 is bright! :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

Happy Three Month Anniversary, Righty!
I hope you have a nice holiday weekend and a fab 2023!
@beachgal
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

@Layla, @Rhonda K, @Bfam85. @Woodstockhip, @Merrimay, @myglasshalffull, @djklaugh, @CricketHip, @Elf1, @benne68, @Brookeer, @Ianstan, @Shadowstar1951!, and all of you who have checked in on me, wondered if I had fallen off the earth, and curious about my unnamed virus causing my fever, well, I'm BACK!!!!!

THREE MONTH ANNIVERSARY, shared with @Woodstockhip who, I'm sure, thought she'd be celebrating alone today, but I'm happy to report that I'm present and accounted for, hip is great, no fever, no aches nor pains, appetite is better, still a bit low in the energy department, but I'm working fairly consistent hours at the office and resting a bit more each evening, going to bed a bit earlier.

After all those dang tests at the hospital, we still don't have a definitive answer to the virus variety but, suffice it to say, I'm happy with "it who must not be named" is no longer plaguing me. After phone calls from NP confirming "negatives" on most tests, I suggested she just skip calling me unless there was something I needed to address. I see the GP on 1/3/2023, so I'm sure I'll see a powerpoint presentation of what they found, rather DIDN'T find, but, hey, I'll take it! So, last comment on this, I'm hoping no one else has an occurrence but I will say that almost everyone I talk to, friends, family, clients, they've all had some form of flu, virus, respiratory issues, or Covid. So, I'm back to masking up when I'm not at home or office. It's just not worth getting sick again. I also finally was cleared to get my flu shot this morning, so I'm finished with doctors and such for 2022 unless.....well...I'm done.

I will share with you, though, at three months, that I feel about the same with # 2 hip as I did with # 1 hip. My activity level is still lacking, although I am trying to increase my walking distances, I stretch more, but still take a little longer climbing stairs than I'd like so that's my latest goal. We have 10 steps into our house from the garage so I'm trying to get in 10 sets of "ups and downs" each day, not counting the usual ones to take out trash, etc. It just feels like that stupid fever ordeal set me back in my exercising, and I'm sure it did, so I've got to be patient and work back into it.

My hopes for all of us, whether we're healing "on the other side" or are trying to get ready to have THR or TKR, whatever, is that we don't give up! The promise of active and happy days ahead for 2023 doesn't have to be a dream. It should be your GOAL! I don't work in our yard much but I do love to travel. We all have things we want to do, our "bucket list", and I hope we all make a few checkmarks on that list this year and perhaps add a few things to it. Wishing you all the heathiest, happiest 2023, with lots of celebrating!

:angel: :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Hooray!! I'm glad you are here to celebrate our anniversary. I saved a piece of cake for you. It's been a pleasure sharing the ups and downs (and not just the stairs) with you over these past months and I look forward to hearing about your continued healing as we enter a new year with our new hips.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom