Hi @Hip Hip Hooray! Congradulations on your new hips! Ahhhh, turnout..... the final frontier!!! It is so hard!!! Finally, someone I can talk to who will truly understand! Trying to explain it to the nurse practitioner was impossible. To them my recovery is so fast. Im back teaching Zumba and...
Hi @Molly12 ! Things are going very well, time certainly has a way of moving along quickly! I can't believe it will be 7 weeks on Tuesday..... We are now on vacation in Maine and I'm riding my bike, getting down in the beach chairs and walking about 2 or so miles at a time. Before we left, I...
@HollyB I had bilateral thr 4 weeks ago and I had a similar experience for a few days. I was so anxious, nauseous, shaky, worrying about everything! I felt like I was having a bad trip or something! I was really freaking out. I couldn't stop crying. For me, I think I was on too much painkiller...
@Lauren Spin Trainer 2 weeks for you! Wow, it went by fast, didn't it! I may be sleeping in the recliner for the rest of my life! Haha! How are you feeling now? I had my first check up today and all is well... I'm just feeling really tight in my quads and hip flexors but I will just keep...
@drgnfly thanks for getting back to me! Today is 4 weeks for me and I'm still in the recliner. I have it down to a science now, though! I tried to sleep in bed last night and although it was better than before, the recliner still wins. I'll try again in A few days.
Everything else is going...
@Cisne thanks!! I'm excited to have my first check up with my surgeon on Tuesday! We will see what he says.... I hope he is pleased with my progress, I am! I'm scheduled to go back to work at the end of July ... 4 classes the first week, 7 the second week, 12 the third week then back to 15 in...
Excited to say, I'm off the cane! I'm starting to actually believe I will be back to normal.... Everyday i see an improvement! I (hopefully) took my last oxy last night and am feeling fine today. I'm more aware of little niggling pains but nothing too bad. I still have a lot of numbness around...
@Lauren Spin Trainer Sounds like you are doing awesome! So glad to hear it! How does one leg feel compared to the other, so far? I feel like my right leg is stronger, but tighter. I'm working on walking without the cane, but I feel like I limp a bit without it... Dropping off to the left...
@LJ-H I went in tues may 19th at 8am and left Thursday am. I had a lot of help at home, though. My husband took the week off and my mother in law was there also for a week and she was a nurse for 50 years! Do you have people at home to help at first?
I cut the Tramadol completely after the first week.... Then I went from oxy every 4 hours for a few days, then every 6 hours for a few days, now every eight hours, today I'll try every 12 hours
I'm glad you are doing so well @Lauren Spin Trainer !! I'm taking 5mg oxy 3 times a day, and Tylenol 2 times a day. No pain meds at night. I'm going to only take the oxy twice today and see how that goes. My pain is really minimal. Mostly just stiff and weak feeling. Left side is so much weaker...
@Lauren Spin Trainer Hi Lauren..... How are you doing? Just thought I'd check in. One week today! How is the nausea, any better? For me the first week to 10 days was the worst then things got remarkably better. I hope you are doing ok!
Mary
@donor. I guess you could say I'm going up normally in that I'm alternating right and left but I'm very slow and leaning a lot on the rail and the cane. I view it as a PT exercise and try to use good form! I never had anyone, nurse or PT come to my home. I had to request a prescription for...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.