Ceramic-on-Ceramic (CoC) case Squeaking, is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my surgeon recommend ceramic on plastic but actually I insistence on COC, I'm just 30 years , I think is reasonable to have COC with my age.
LJ, I think I said previously, please don't worry about the materials. C on poly lasts just as long as CoC - read these, they are all metal on poly! Hips that have lasted 41, 40 and 32 years
but he said he sees patients who have loud squeaking and it is driving them crazy
I doubt he's seen any that were done recently ....
 
@Zumbamama @Lauren Spin Trainer Hi, Could you please tell me how many days you have been spent in hospital "bilateral surgery" for rehabilitation.
one nurse from hospital called me today and she said I should stay in hospital for 7 days after surgery. is that right? Thanks in advance.
 
Hi @LJ-H. I had my surgery on Tuesday, June 2 at 12:30pm. I left the hospital as 3:00pm on Friday, June 5. I could have left on Thursday, but asked to stay as my parents were coming in late Thursday and I wanted them there when I got out. They were fine with having me stay til Friday.
I felt very prepared to leave
Hope that helps.
Lauren
 
@LJ-H I went in tues may 19th at 8am and left Thursday am. I had a lot of help at home, though. My husband took the week off and my mother in law was there also for a week and she was a nurse for 50 years! Do you have people at home to help at first?
 
Hi @LJ-H . I chose CoC (am in the US and my OS let me choose) but he warned me that my socket might be too small. He said the rare squeeking is typically in the smaller sized implants. He uses Smith & Nephew. I ended up being size 48 and the smallest he said S&N made was 50 so he made the decision to use CoPolyethylene instead. He expects it to last just as long. One of his college professors has a squeeky CoC. But as already mentioned, the newer versions are supposed to have addressed that issue. Best wishes!
 
@Lauren Spin Trainer
@Zumbamama
@Teecup

Hi, Thank you for quick and informational replays, it's really helpful and make me have idea about what I will facing in hospital.
Zumbamama, unfortunately I don't have people at home to help me at first, my family in dubia, just am here.

Thanks guys for amazing advises!
 
I'm so glad you asked this! It's the morning of my surgery and I have ceramic on ceramic interior components and titanium Peg and socket liner. I did know the ceramic on C squeaked, i always read it was the metal on metal. Will do one last discussion with doc before going under in a few hrs . I'm 39 so he wanted to go with one that would last a long time but gave me the choice of ceramic and plastic or ceramic on ceramic interior components. Thanks again darlin'!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tweefishy as Jo said earlier in the thread, this is an old issue. Very few people have this problem with C on C these days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom