Recent content by zab

  1. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    Hi all so 7 years out tomorrow - someone at work mentioned they have been advised they need a TKR so I figured I'd send them a link to BoneSmart because of how helpful I found it back in the day. As for me my PKR seems to be going strong, not many things I can't do. I still go to the gym daily...
  2. zab

    PKR Floridoris's Recovery Thread?

    Sounds like you are making fantastic progress, take it easy and keep it going just don't get to over confident your knee is still very sore on the inside.
  3. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    Hi all well 16 weeks out - recovery is going well not really experienced any major set backs went for a long beach walk with the dog at the weekend about 8ks all in on soft sand and the only thing that was sore the next day was muscles which is good, still going to PT but now every 3 weeks and...
  4. zab

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    I'm not doing to bad no real pain a bit of tenderness when I press areas of my knee and it still feels quite stiff most the time, but my ROM is not as good as yours still hoping to get a bit more as the soft tissue nears healing I acquire a bit of a limp the more the day goes on I've been back...
  5. zab

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hey @redsta how your recovery going, just interested as we are same day.
  6. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    Well 12 weeks post op today time has flown. I'm doing OK I know I'm a bit of a slow healer from previous broken bones so I'm trying to remain posistive. I'm back in the gym every morning doing a 20 minute on the stationary bike followed by a strength training routine to get some strength back in...
  7. zab

    PKR MAKO PKR

    That's great ROM I'm not there yet I'm 0/120 hopefully a bit more come, overall I'm pretty happy with my recovery been back at work since week 3 (desk job) and started to do some strength training on my leg to build the muscle back up, I was very fit and active before the OP want to be back...
  8. zab

    PKR MAKO PKR

    @bowhunter8 how's your ROM now?
  9. zab

    TKR Shaymus' recovery thread

    Hi Shaymus. I am the same. I'm 6 weeks post op and my knee is never cool. Generally as the day goes on it gets warmer to the point of being very hot sometimes. I had the same after my scope so pretty much expected it. I just try and ice a few times a day take some of the heat away.
  10. zab

    TKR Kakalele’s recovery

    Hey @kalakeke I feel you just need to chill a bit sorry I know its difficult read the links @Celle put up.
  11. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    @Jockette To be fair I've not read of any completely successful Patellofemoral partials perhaps they should take it off the menu and start giving you guys a TKR, but you have to see it from there POV if everything else is good...........it's a tough one but don't go hard on your original OS I'm...
  12. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    One of the x-rays I had to have done was a MAQUET view which is a full length waist down view which with the help of modern technology measures where you are weight bearing in the knee, I also had one done pre-op he put them up side by side on the screen and the difference in the weight bearing...
  13. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    Awww @Jockette your time will come I'm sure :console2:
  14. zab

    PKR Zab’s recovery thread.

    Had my 6 week follow up today, had to get some x-rays done earlier this week. Was in with OS for all of 5 minutes pretty much said he was happy and if i'm happy see you again at the 12 month mark.
  15. zab

    PKR Catkins recovery from PKR!

    Hey @catkin69 I too had an unrealistic idea of how my recovery would go, i'm around your age (46) and I think us younger ones are the worse patients (my PT assures me of this) older patients seem to be just happy to return to normal ADL where as we have greater expectations. I'm 10 days ahead...
Back
Top Bottom