Guest viewing is limited

TKR Shaymus' recovery thread

@Shaymus I'm only two days behind you and my knee can heat up within 5 minutes of removing ice, all part of the healing.
 
@Shaymus you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

Thanks for the help, as a newbie I half assumed I was making a mistake without knowing exactly what it is was. Nơ i know ;)
 
Thanks for the help, as a newbie I half assumed I was making a mistake without knowing exactly what it is was. Nơ i know ;)

My iPad switched to Vietnamese in mid sentence. ...Now I know
 
Another tip on how our forum works, you don’t have to quote every message to reply, just scroll down to the white box that says “write your reply” then click “reply.” :flwrysmile:
 
@Shaymus Yes, sometimes it did feel like the patella, not so much now though. At one point I used to wake in the morning trying to guess where the aches, pains, clunks and clicks might be that day! My operated knee is still warmer than the other too.
 
Hi Shaymus. I am the same. I'm 6 weeks post op and my knee is never cool. Generally as the day goes on it gets warmer to the point of being very hot sometimes. I had the same after my scope so pretty much expected it. I just try and ice a few times a day take some of the heat away.
 
Thanks, I’ve been icing and it does help with the heat
 
I am 6 weeks today and my knee is usually hot.
Have you seen the picture in @JDinCT thread. He has a picture of his knee done with thermal imaging. Its very interesting to see.
 
Hey guys.... here's the thermal imaging pic …. and normal pic for perspective..

[Bonesmart.org] Shaymus' recovery thread


[Bonesmart.org] Shaymus' recovery thread
 
Awesome image, looks like there’s a lot of heat coming off that right knee. I’ve used thermal cameras in the past but this image is a great graphic! Thanks for posting!
 
@JDinCT that thermal image is cool, well not actually, but it’s neat how it shows how hot your knee is. Thanks for posting.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom