Recent content by YoungGma

  1. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    LOL Even if I didn't say it, he knows me well enough to be able to tell! Sometimes I guess there's a disadvantage to having a hubby that pays attention! But I am NOT giving up! I've enlisted a neighbor to exercise with me, to help keep me from being bored on days I go to the gym that are not...
  2. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    sharonslp, thank you for the kind words. It is very difficult to know which is the good or bad pain, that is true! I'm sticking with 30 minute work outs, and have not made it every day yet....more out of circumstances than planning, but that's still not necessarily a bad thing. Next week when...
  3. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    And thank YOU for your support.
  4. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    Well, we haven't started the exercise program yet (not til the 14th), so no Zumba, but I did go back to the gym this week. When I was there last, in August (had to quit going then because the pain was too bad) I was up to 15 -20 minutes on the elliptical.....now I'm really pushing to make 5...
  5. YoungGma

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Damn!, Tammy, just hang in there. I too believe you've just hit a plateau. You were doing such amazing things physically before the surgery, it is natural for you to become frustrated during your recovery. You have been so amazing the whole way through, you are entitled to a little pity party...
  6. YoungGma

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Thanks for the clarification, Tammy! I've seen the machine, just didn't know what it was called! limpingaround, my sister has a part lab/part newfi. Midnight used to take Dad for a walk, when he still used the cane. He was so good, never pulled him, just kept the perfect pace. Now that Dad...
  7. YoungGma

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Wow, Tammy, you put me to shame with all that walking!!! I'd LOVE to be shopping like you have been.....living in the rural area I do, it's not happening! We have a "mall" 30 miles away that has maybe 20 stores; otherwise the closest "real" mall is 110 miles away! I've got to ask, what are...
  8. YoungGma

    THR Doing it Alone

    I am so sorry you have to contend with this! I dealt with a spouse like yours for years, but thankfully not while having this kind of a surgery! My heart hurts for you! I suggest you check out this link https://www.nar-anon.org/naranon/ and find a group near you and give them a call. Let...
  9. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    Yea, I figured a few would get a chuckle out of Zumba being "low impact". I figure I'll do what I can, and fake it through the rest. Ours is a very relaxed group.....and staying at the back of the room helps! LOL
  10. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    10 week checkup was today. I'm cleared for any type of "low-impact" activity I want to try....as long as I stay off the ice! LOL He even said OK to Zumba, which I would not think of as "low-impact", but whatever! Xray of hip looked great. He had NOTHING to say about the pain in other...
  11. YoungGma

    THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

    I am so sorry you are having to go through this physically alone! This forum has been a wonderful emotional support for me when I've had a rough time that my sweet hubby couldn't understand, so I hope you'll let us all be here for you too. It's not the same as a real hug and holding, but I...
  12. YoungGma

    THR 4 days post op, pain in groin, butt...yeah I know...

    It sounds like you may have done some twisting, which is not advised. As for overdoing, it sounds like you might be. I didn't look back to see what links you've been given, but here are some you should check out. I'm not as good with posting links as some, but will try! Here is one...
  13. YoungGma

    THR Recovery going TOO well?

    What a wonderful daughter-in-law! I got recordable storybooks for the grands for Christmas, the older group always remember, of course, but I thought it would be good for the youngest one.
  14. YoungGma

    Total Hip Replacement

    What a fantastic Christmas gift! I wish Santa would have brought mine a few years ago; it's made so much difference! I was nervous too, and honestly, I've had a few surgeries and this was the smoothest of all of them. Just do NOT make the mistake I did, and watch a You-Tube video of it...
  15. YoungGma

    THR On your side now!!

    Maybe your surgeon just misspoke on the 70 degrees? (Hey, they're human too!) Either way, I'd stick with 90 just to be safe! And as others said, some sort of an aide will definitely help you keep from limping as well as provide stability. Tiredness can hit you like a brick, out of...
Back
Top Bottom