Recent content by Yogini

  1. Y

    THR 50 Years of Yoga

    Update. It's been a year. Doing great. But it was tough for a while. The surgery recovery seemed to make me vulnerable to various infections. My new hip is great. I am still pigeon toed. The crazy PT lady shouted as I left, that if I slept or walked pigeon toed, I would get a dislocation. The...
  2. Y

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Prayers and good wishes for Danelady! And for her fabulous neighbors. Thx for updating us.
  3. Y

    THR THR tell me about your recovery

    I agree with Bonesmart. Walking is best. I found PT useless. I was pretty much totally mobile at 3 months. Putting on socks is still a little of a challenge at 4 1/2 months. Good luck. Take it easy. Heal.
  4. Y

    THR 50 Years of Yoga

    I have been seeing threads mentioning soft bones. Wanted to share my story. (wasn't sure where to put it) I had bone scans beginning maybe 20 years ago. Osteopenia at first. Tried Fosomax. Bad jaw reaction. Yikes. I never liked milk, but was active with yoga and sports and ate cheese. Figured...
  5. Y

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    I just caught up with your story. I will add you to my (kinda buddhist) healing prayers. Glad you have this supportive group to log your story with. Dealing with over worked, bull headed medical staff is a real challenge. They do indeed need feedback and even deserve being reported. You...
  6. Y

    THR 50 Years of Yoga

    Thx for the nice thoughts. I wish more medical personnel read and heeded blogs. They tend to roll their eyes when mentioned.
  7. Y

    THR 50 Years of Yoga

    I am now 11 weeks past the surgery. I have begun some very light yoga. I basically narrowed down my old yoga routine, to avoid leg crosses, severe twists, and tight bends. I was able to do most of a sun salutation, except for one move that my surgery leg didn't like. This is the new routine...
  8. Y

    THR Nearly 1 year making slow progress

    I got a huge case of RSV after 5 weeks. It set me back, all that energy going into 2 recoveries. But I am better. Still some pain, but back to 45 minute trail walks and some light yoga. Best of luck!!!
  9. Y

    THR 8 weeks after hip Surgery with Pain

    Well, I am also 8 weeks out. Some days my hip has hurt to walk. In the joint itself. Today was fine. I did talk to my ortho nurse today, since the hip seemed fine 3 weeks ago but since then, it's been wonky. She advised when to worry would be numbness, trouble moving, or couldn't put weight on...
  10. Y

    THR Educate yourself

    I am back on the rehab path. I am 6 weeks since thr, but spent over a week in bed with very bad rsv (respiratory) infection. Should I be worried with new pain? Did I inadvertently bend too far? Lay around too much? Or is variation in pain levels ok? Doesn't hurt worse, just different. I agree...
  11. Y

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Prayers. You have a community of support.
  12. Y

    THR 50 Years of Yoga

    Advice needed. I am 6 weeks out and doing ok. 90° restriction ended. But when I tried to reach my feet for sock application, the joint was stiff, and it hurt. Any technique to this? Also, a real bath. How to get in and out of a bathtub? Any magic? On and off the floor. Is there a technique...
Back
Top Bottom