Recent content by Xanaphia

  1. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I had TKR about 3 years ago. I had nothing but problems following the surgery and ended up having 2 partial revisions where they put a bigger spacer in. I was then told my knee replacement was failing and was scheduled for total revision. Life smacked me around and I had to cancel a few times. I...
  2. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Well.. here I am, 2 years and 5 months since my original TKR, and 2 partial revisions later and idk what happened but now not only is the bottom component moving but the top one is moving now too. What a nightmare. I recently moved to Georgia, so now I have to find a new Ortho doctor but before...
  3. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Hey guys... it' been a while since I posted here.. A lot has happened and unfortunately I'm looking at going back under the knife next month.. This time for a partial revision of the actual device instead of just the spacer. I am curious though. My doctor only wants to replace the femoral...
  4. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I am almost 6 months post op. Should I still be in pain?? My ROM is great by I cannot be on my feet for long before I start hurting and have to take pain meds
  5. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Ugh. Is it normal to still feel so tired after 4 months? I do still have moderate pain here and there that comes and goes but the fatigue... Ugh lol
  6. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I got my life back!!!!!! I went hiking for the first time in a year and made it a mile and a half!!! I am so happy I hugged my doctor. I am so optimistic about my future now and I smile alot. The pain is tolerable and the swelling almost no existant. I haven't felt this great in so long :)
  7. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Implant looks great and the doctor said my progress is wonderful. They lowered my pain meds yay no more morphine lol I start outpatient therapy in a few days. I'm walking almost normal already and am very very optimistic this time. Thank you to all you wonderful ladies for all your encouragement...
  8. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Have my first follow up tomorrow. Hopefully he will keep me on the stronger pain meds for now as I'm not quite ready to be off them yet. I am however already walking with a cane and able to do straight leg lifts which is something that I couldn't do for at least a month after the previous two...
  9. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Theres very little swelling this time around. My nurse said the noise is normal due to them flushing out the joint and the little bit of pus i seen was all ive seen. Seems this time around things are gping much better, i have fantastic pain relief at home, good home health, very minimal pain...
  10. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Is it normal to hear fluid squishing around your kneecap after revision?
  11. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I think its worse this time. I only have an 80 degree bend.. way different than last time when i had 90 to 95 degrees :(
  12. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Surgery was done this afternoon. Im in a great deal of pain, this hospital isnt managing my pain terribly well. Unfortunately the only thing done was a spacer replacement which means ill probably be looking at this surgery AGAIN in 6 months to a year and that alone makes me want to cry
  13. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    @Pumpkln I already had a TKR last April by Dr Urbanzcyk. Then, in September i went to a new doctor, Dr Toulson, and he did a spacer replacement. Dr Toulson is doing the 3rd surgery and it's supposed to be yet another spacer replacement however he has me scheduled for 2 hours just in case the...
  14. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Surgery has been scheduled for April 24th for yet another revision. I'm hoping this time its fixed right.
  15. Xanaphia

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    I saw the doctor yesterday and he wants to do yet another revision. He said I have way to much instability and so he's putting in a bigger spacer. So I'm scheduled for April 5th to go under the knife for the 3rd time in a year. *sad panda* :(
Back
Top Bottom