Recent content by worthysmum

  1. W

    THR one year on and in pain

    I had my right in Feb 20014. Everything went well, my recovery was uneventful and I am back to normal. Until a few weeks ago when the thigh muscle around the scar has become painful. It feels tight a burning type pain, the more I walk the worse it feels. Then a couple if days ago my groin has...
  2. W

    Managing stairs when first home....

    Once you are shown how to do the stairs they really are not a problem. I was told I wouldnt be allowed home until I had mastered stairs as my bedroom is upstairs, they are easy. If anything coming down was the scariest but after one or two trips up and down it was nothing. Infact I think going...
  3. W

    A little worried

    Morning every one, can't believe I havent posted for so long but back to a busy life!! which I am so grateful for. The outcome of my employment woes was not as I hoped, I really wanted my original job back but came to an amicable agrreement with my company and accepted a different job at another...
  4. W

    A little worried

    I phoned the office today asking to speak to the Md, he was unavailable, still waiting for him to return my call. yesterday I had my last appointment with my surgeon, he was really pleased with everything and unless I have any problems he doesnt need to see me any more for a year! yay. I feel...
  5. W

    A little worried

    Thank you every one for your advice. I have today rang ACAS, they were so helpful and have advised me on what to do and how to do it. I also have a meeting arranged with CAB. I have sent a letter, recorded delivery to the company raising a grievance and asking for a meeting with the MD as soon...
  6. W

    A little worried

    Sadly it is totally legal, you can be dismissed while on sick leave. They havent handled it in the right way though. I should have been called in for a meeting for them to discuss with me what they intended to do and why. My manager won't discuss it with me, just told me to talk to the MD who...
  7. W

    A little worried

    I am seeing my os next week and was going to ask him to sign me fit to work. So rang my manager just to let her know and keep her in the loop and to my utter shock they have given my job to someone else, I am so shocked and upset, I am speechless. :boohoo:
  8. W

    THR Post op pain

    Hi teresa01, I had my surgery six weeks ago at the nuffield, suffolk. I too was given all the exercises on your sheet but told to do 10 of each three times a day. I found this too much so just do twice a day along with walking. I try to walk a mile each day as I am fairly busy withe house hold...
  9. W

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    So glad your all ok, gosh i hadnt forgotten how hard it is to lift your leg at first:) hope you have a good sleep tonight:sleep:
  10. W

    A little worried

    Today is six weeks post op for me and I am feeling really well. I now can walk with no sticks and no limp. I am back to nearly all my normal activities, doing the housework, animals, gardening, driving. I no longer have any pain, just first thing in the morning when I get up the muscles in my...
  11. W

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Good luck and warm wishes for your surgery tomorrow.
  12. W

    THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

    Hi sorry you had this scare but Im sure your hip is ok, you will just be bruised. Keep icing it to prevent further bruising and swelling, take some pain meds. Hope your feeling a bit calmer now, take care.
  13. W

    A little worried

    The last two days have not been so great, my hip is absolutely fine I just have no energy, I feel wrung out. My iron levels have dropped to low even though Im on iron tablets. Doctor wants me to have another blood count monday, Im dreading having to have the iron injections, they are so, so...
  14. W

    A little worried

    Majorheidi, That was my biggest fear too, and if Im totally honest it is still there lurking in the back of my mind. How ever I think that is a healthy thing to do. It keeps you aware that your hip is still very new and the muscles have not yet fully healed, thus keeping you from doing silly...
  15. W

    THR JoAnne's Journey

    So pleased you are through to the other side, and mostly pain free. I too was so surprised that the awful groin hip pain had gone, but like my partner said, well its in the bin so cant hurt you anymore!! wishing you an uneventful recovery:)
Back
Top Bottom