Recent content by woodsy

  1. woodsy

    TKR Chronicles of Recovery - Knee'd

    Thank you for the exercise and other tips! Two and a half weeks post-op: Whew! Coming along ok! Sorry for the pain scale error (darn number pad was not engaged), the spasm pain was 3-4 and sometimes 5 (NOT 8 or 9). Things are improving quite a bit. Have not had pain above 4 for a while and...
  2. woodsy

    TKR Chronicles of Recovery - Knee'd

    1. at this time, pain when not in motion or in PT is 0-1 most of the time, except once in a while when I get spasms it gets to3-984, but I am taking Robaxin for that; during PT (at home still) pain can get to 4, but I have been taking oxycodone 1 hr before PT and so it only gets to 3 or so 2...
  3. woodsy

    TKR Chronicles of Recovery - Knee'd

    thanks for the tips! Bringing the computer so I'll check in again later....
  4. woodsy

    TKR Chronicles of Recovery - Knee'd

    Thanks for the words of wisdom! It took me a few days to figure out that I could set my phone alarm to wake me up for meds (usually tylenol), instead of waiting till morning when I got up......go figure..... Thinking of going for a ride tomorrow running an errand with my husband, but will...
  5. woodsy

    TKR Chronicles of Recovery - Knee'd

    One Week Post-Op: Well, it is done. Surgery went well, significant bone spurs removed, new knee in place. Anesthesiologist used a block to numb nerves in the leg/knee and then general anesthesia. Tuesday surgery and Friday discharge. I admit to being a wimp and cried the first time I moved it...
  6. woodsy

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hello All- Surgery date changed from June 9 to June 10, -----tomorrow!!! Getting apprehensive, but looking forward to mobility improvement and decrease in pain in the long run. Hip replacement went so well two years ago, that I wonder if I will be so lucky two times in a row! I am starting to...
  7. woodsy

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Does anyone have experience with aquatherapy or swim much? I love to swim and would like to know if anyone else has experience with knee replacement and these areas. thanks
  8. woodsy

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    So, I have had this bum left knee for over 10 years now. I went thru arthroscopic surgery, physical therapy, injections, supplements, celebrex, etc. and now have come to the last recourse - replacement. I held out as long as possible because I am a naturopath-type at heart. While I am a bit...
  9. woodsy

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I understand how you feel. And I want you to know it is amazing, the relief you will feel! The pain from surgery was minor compared to the pain lived with before the hip replacement! I remember feeling like I was 80 also, and it takes a toll on our life in many ways. Keep us informed about your...
  10. woodsy

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 9th for me! Probably waited too long but I want to enjoy my son's wedding in September so I am ready to go! Right hip done August 2012.
  11. woodsy

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    HI- Just updating on recover progress. Aug. 6 surgery and short term recovery went so well, so of course I seem to have overdone it 5 weeks out. Thigh pain has gotten worse since then. It is now 7 weeks out and unfortunately, I still have quite a bit of pain along the IT band when weight...
  12. woodsy

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    things were going so well........ then I overdid it. At 5 weeks out from surgery I returned to work, felt good, using just a cane about half the time. I started outpatient physical therapy last Monday. Last Tuesday, I went swimming and it felt so good to be doing laps again. I thought I took it...
  13. woodsy

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    Hello all- 4 weeks post op I am still home and recovery is going very well--I am getting stronger each day and have moved from walker to cane to sometimes no cane! I am still thrilled that the pain in my right hip is g-o-n-e-! Staples came out (34!) two weeks ago and this past weekend I went...
  14. woodsy

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    10 days post surgery and doing well! Made myself a nice salad for lunch today. Being home is so much better than rehab - I am glad my condition and doctor agreed to send me home. Physical therapy is going well. Yesterday, she showed me how to get into/out of my car and I went for a trial run...
  15. woodsy

    THR Wonderful Recovery so far

    Hello All! I need tutorial for posting, I guess. Had a nice post and tried to figure out how to add signature and lost entire post. Bummer. Will try to recreate...... I was just coming out of recovery one week ago today at this time (Monday) and home on Thursday. I have been...
Back
Top Bottom