Recent content by Woodpusher

  1. Woodpusher

    TKR SpaceGirl's Back! Pre-Op Thread- Round 2/Knee 2

    I guess knowing what to expect is the big thing. Best of luck!
  2. Woodpusher

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    Going down stairs is one of the last things to come back. They told me it requires 120° ROM. @Qdogpa, you mentioned very early on that you already had 0° extension. That's huge, wonder if I have that even now. I remember my PT telling me that if the extension is noticeably high, when you walk...
  3. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Hey there, same age, same procedure as me, right medial PKR. How are after 4 months, back to your lifestyle? Ken
  4. Woodpusher

    TKR SpaceGirl's Back! Pre-Op Thread- Round 2/Knee 2

    Hey, on your Xray is your left knee bone on bone? I only ask because there does appear to be space in there. Mine was completely caved in, well half of it. I got out with a successful PKR. Anyhow, having gone thru it before are you nervous? I was completely nervous before mine and that was...
  5. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    It's been exactly a year and am doing great. Really, haven't thought about it for months. Sure, it doesn't quite have the range as my other knee, and some of the sensation hasn't come back, but I think those are known things. I can't imagine what it's like for the folks who have had this done...
  6. Woodpusher

    TKR Let the Recovery Begin....

    I used the Polar Active Ice machine a year ago in my recovery which really helped. Even if you have a bunch of ice packs in the freezer you're planning to rotate thru, I found that the recovering knee burned thru them too fast. The ice machine is the way to go.
  7. Woodpusher

    TKR LTKR - My First Ever!

    Question about the video in the house, wasn't the left knee replaced? Why is the compression sleeve on the right? Ken
  8. Woodpusher

    Revision TKR Symptoms for 2nd Opinion - Don't Delay

    Sorry to hear this! Definitely an argument for choosing a qualified surgeon that you trust and has a good track record. Ken
  9. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Well, felt good enough to run after 2 months and a couple days so I'm back to playing pickleball. And I can surely say I'm better now than I was pre-op. Couldn't run then, the knee would occasionally buckle on me. So hopefully this this it for awhile, back to normal. Thanks to everyone for their...
  10. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    I was in a rush to come back after my 1st meniscectomy but not now. The recovery article on this website indicates coming back to normal activities after anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
  11. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    @Rockgirl4, so close to 4 months and then coming back to a sport with some contact. Do you know how he's doing now?
  12. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Well then, I'll have to sit out our local summer tennis tournament.
  13. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Wow, so at months 4 and 5 you wound up overworking the knee? I was thinking of resuming almost everything at the 2 month mark and not looking back. Maybe not, that's in 9 days and I don't feel like I could do any running now.
  14. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Sure thing. Good luck in your recovery! Ken
  15. Woodpusher

    PKR 4 hour ice pack myth

    Just downloaded the Goniometer Pro by June Gaming. This is the same jinfra app that people here were talking about awhile ago, actually years ago ⏰, it has a jinfra.com email address. Looks reasonable, probably overestimates a litle. It measured me at 126. I'm definitely interested to see what...
Back
Top Bottom