Recent content by Woodbutcher

  1. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Hi Layla, thanks for the well wishes and for keeping in touch. Everything seems to be continuing to heal and get stronger. I still have a bit of trouble walking long distances but each week gets easier to go a little farther. Patience really is the key to recovering from...
  2. W

    Hip repair 8 months ago, bone 50% healed, chronic groin and hip pain

    Hi Jeanne99999, I was put on a bone growth stimulator after being diagnosed as non union 4 months after fracturing the neck of my femur. It did not help and after 2 months of hoping for some healing scheduled a total hip replacement. I do not regret trying the bone growth stimulator because if...
  3. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Hi Layla, Happy belated Valentine’s Day to you. I hope that the weather where you are is tolerable for this time of year. Thank you for contacting me on this the 4 month mark of my new hip. Things are progressing well. Each day I get a little stronger and the only pain left is in my...
  4. W

    THR Suffering five months after surgery

    Hi DenDen, sorry to read about all the problems and pain you have gone through. I went to physical therapy for two weeks after my surgery. The therapist decided I wasn’t making enough progress strength wise and wanted to manipulate my hip. I said no and went to a medical massage therapist...
  5. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thanks for the info Layla. I do have a pair of cleats that attach to my boots. It is truly frightening to think about falling again. I think about all of the falls I’ve had in my life either at work or participating in sports and how lucky I was that this injury didn’t happen sooner than it did...
  6. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Hello and happy belated New Year to you everyone. This week was one year since I fell and shattered the neck of my femur. One emergency surgery to to fix my bone with a gamma nail, one surgery to repair damage to my knee when I fell and one revision surgery to a total hip replacement...
  7. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thank you Layla. I would like to also thank you and the Bonesmart staff for helping to keep things in perspective not only for me but everyone that writes in. You certainly help to make sense out of things that after surgery seem absolutely whacko with calm,sane and informed advice...
  8. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Stitches removed today seventeen days after surgery. Incision is still quite sore. I guess if you have a 14 or 15 inch incision it will take some time to feel better. Saw my surgeon for the first time since the surgery today. I’m not sure who is more pleased with the outcome of this...
  9. W

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Woodbutchers’ THR revision from gamma nail 8 days after surgery.
  10. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thank you Layla. Sounds like that might be an interesting option.
  11. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thank you Jamie, my body is quite good at reminding me what it needs and wants and these past nine months have finally taught me to listen to those requests.
  12. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Eight days after revision surgery. Off of narcotics and walking with a crutch. Went to surgeons to have incisions looked at and rebandaged. Got x-rays done and couldn’t believe the size of the piece of metal going down into my femur. Neck of femur totally removed. They said surgery was three and...
  13. W

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    Hi Abby, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I fell in January and shattered the neck of my femur. I would not wish that pain on anyone. Hopefully the worst of it is behind you and you will continue to improve. I found that doing the simplest of exercises got the best results with...
  14. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thanks for best wishes Layla. I appreciate everyone’s support and I find this site quite helpful in keeping me positive about my recovery as so many members seem to have much more to overcome than I do. Also it reminds me that the field of orthopedic surgery has made such great strides that we...
  15. W

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery 10/14/25

    Thanks for the best wishes JBear. I hope your pain and swelling become more manageable soon. At least with revision procedures we have a clue what to expect during our recovery. I wish you a quick recovery and that you get back your normal routine pain free.
Back
Top Bottom